Solved Cannot set default dash with dash launch xbox freezes

• Thread starter Jakob Kay
  • Start date
  • Views 2,552
Jakob Kay

Jakob Kay

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everybody! Im having quite a bit of a problem when trying to make my default dashboard freestyle. Ive read and read but Im stumped at the moment. The console I have is a Trinity Glitch 2 RGH Console. Everything has worked great until last week I updated the dash kernel to 2.0.16767.0. Now everytime when I go into Dashlaunch and try to set the default path, the xbox will freeze and I cant do anything except turn the console off and back on to try again. I read somewhere that it is possible to downgrade the dashboard however I would personally just like to set the default dash to freestyle and just call it good if theres another way to get around this. Help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to being an active member here!
Cheers!

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everybody! Im having quite a bit of a problem when trying to make my default dashboard freestyle. Ive read and read but Im stumped at the moment. The console I have is a Trinity Glitch 2 RGH Console. Everything has worked great until last week I updated the dash kernel to 2.0.16767.0. Now everytime when I go into Dashlaunch and try to set the default path, the xbox will freeze and I cant do anything except turn the console off and back on to try again. I read somewhere that it is possible to downgrade the dashboard however I would personally just like to set the default dash to freestyle and just call it good if theres another way to get around this. Help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to being an active member here!
Cheers!
What I would do is re-install FSD and then put the default xex exactly where it says to in the readme. I haven't done any JTAG/RGH modding in a year, so I am not of too much help, sorry.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Cheers!
When updating your console with XeBuild, make sure you enable advanced mode and check off "Include Dashlaunch." once this is done, hit "Save XeBuild Settings" and finally, build your updflash.bin :biggrin:

From here, just reflash and Dashlaunch should work just fine!

Jakob Kay

Jakob Kay

Reaction score
Sin$
When updating your console with XeBuild, make sure you enable advanced mode and check off "Include Dashlaunch." once this is done, hit "Save XeBuild Settings" and finally, build your updflash.bin :biggrin:

From here, just reflash and Dashlaunch should work just fine!
Uh oh Atlas we may have a problem. I dumped my NAND and just realized that my previous computer that got a virus last week had my CPU Key on it and now its wiped... I look in Xell and Im not seeing a key and Im not seeing one in dash launch either its just blank. What should I do :frown:

K

Kakashi

OG
Reaction score
Sin$
Uh oh Atlas we may have a problem. I dumped my NAND and just realized that my previous computer that got a virus last week had my CPU Key on it and now its wiped... I look in Xell and Im not seeing a key and Im not seeing one in dash launch either its just blank. What should I do :frown:
Go to dashlaunch and do the following.
1. Navigate to the "miscellaneous" tab.
2.Click on "system settings''.
3.Press "A" on it. It will give you your keys.

Jakob Kay

Jakob Kay

Reaction score
Sin$
10eknr9.jpg
heres my view guys.

Jakob Kay

Jakob Kay

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys no worries! I got super lucky. The previous owner of my RGH was smart enough to put a file on the HDD with the CPU keys! All is well and everything is working great now :smile:

K

Kakashi

OG
Reaction score
Sin$
10eknr9.jpg
heres my view guys.
upload the image onto J-runner and it should give you your CPU key. From what I was reading, you have a Hitachi drive and the CPU key not showing in Xell is common.
Edit: Just read your latest post. Definitely make sure to put those keys in a safe place like on a flash drive or something! If you ever need help just ask me.

Top Bottom
Login
Register