• Thread starter Anonamous
  • Start date
  • Views 1,838
Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
I was curious as to whether or not you could use an SSD on a JTAG or even a regular xbox 360 if you use HDD Hacker. Does anybody know if it is possible?

For those who might not know, SSD stands for Solid State Drive. Wikipedia link for SSD

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think so on a standard Xbox but it's not worth the money anyway. Just get a big WD black drive there quick enough for the needs for the xbox

I personally only use SSD as a boot drive for my OS's other than that there not worth it until the prices drop more which is slowly happening.

Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Don't think so on a standard Xbox but it's not worth the money anyway. Just get a big WD black drive there quick enough for the needs for the xbox

I was just curious because my brother had an SSD on his computer and I saw how fast it worked lol. Unfortunately he is an idiot and wanted to learn how to encrypt things so he encrypted the SSD and it eventually stopped working because he wrote to it way too much lol.

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep good as a boot drive but unless you really need to I wouldnt bother encrypting the drive although we have to at work as its the government and all the data protection we have to follow. It's ok for us though as dell just replace them next day for 3 years if the break.

stevo9871

stevo9871

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just curious because my brother had an SSD on his computer and I saw how fast it worked lol. Unfortunately he is an idiot and wanted to learn how to encrypt things so he encrypted the SSD and it eventually stopped working because he wrote to it way too much lol.
YEa you could probably use it on a jtag but not on a retail.

dMDzn

oRushez

Experienced Veteran Programmer Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
if you use hdd hacker you can use it like a normal hdd up to 320GB but only some drives are compatible. Your thinking of a USB hdd
Wait, so I have a 500GB USB HDD, Portable of course, Can I have the full 500GB on a RETAIL to use for Films, Music etc by using this HDD Hacker?

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
Wait, so I have a 500GB USB HDD, Portable of course, Can I have the full 500GB on a RETAIL to use for Films, Music etc by using this HDD Hacker?
no, the most you can utilise is 320GB as of now, and also it needs to be in a xbox hdd enclosure (the type that slots on the top of the console) and needs to be a compatible drive

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
I understand now, sorry for the confusion.
its just a "home made" microsoft hdd, all you do is write a hdds.bin from a official drive to a compatible 2.5" hdd and put it in a xbox enclosure. (you can find the hdds.bin on the internet) you can use 20GB 60GB 120GB 250GB and 320GB thanks to the gears 3 console. there is also a way to use a usb drive more than 16GB but that is unreleased.

stevo9871

stevo9871

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, as long as your external is formatted to fat32 you should be able to play music and videos off of it without using hddhacker(as long as it is a usb external.)

Delete_Facebook

Delete_Facebook

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Actually, as long as your external is formatted to fat32 you should be able to play music and videos off of it without using hddhacker(as long as it is a usb external.)
No, if its too large, it will show up as either "Unformatted" or whatever, or as a smaller size.

Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
if you are just gonna use it to play movies or songs on the retail you should be fine . but if you are trying to use it for games and stuff it will only let you use 16 gigs of that hdd

Top Bottom
Login
Register