Discussion can you mod your clan tag to be what ever still?

therenegadenail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just pretty much wondering if i can still mod the clan tag to say what ever i want like in the older games, someone told me that they pretty much made it impossible to mod this game, just finding out if anyones tried lol

Novaa

Reaction score
Nope.. well I don't think so, because when we play the game, our profiles are stored on the IW servers, not on our HDDs if you get what I mean? Speak to Unknown V2/Diplomatic, he knows more about it lol.

poorpaddy

Reaction score
Yes you can. I've already done it for myself and a friend. The clan tags are still held within your profile on your hard drive which also syncs to Microsoft's servers.

In CoD 4 & 5 they made looking for the clantags in your profile easy by adding the clanTag"value"

Now search for "modern" without the quotes and you should find your 4 character clantag a couple lines down. I find that it is easiest to look for the last two clantags you have used becuase there are two instances in your profile.

1st instance is your active clantag.
2nd instance is your clan tag history.

I typically just change both. Also if you mod it for a friend you need to change both and play a few matches as them to ensure it syncs with the server. Thus when they recover their gamertag it will be there.

SKeTcHiESK8eR

D2Vital
VIP
Reaction score
The only thing about having IW in your clan tag in MW2 is the actual IW team have emblems unlocked that show the IW Icon. Now, If someone figured out how to unlock that then that be boss but my guess is it would be like recon before ODST in halo.

GTORacer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you have to do is set your clan tag to something that is 4 letters, then open your profile in a hex editor, search that clan tag, change, rehash resign

Top Bottom