Can you get Banned if you....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by velkro, Jul 20, 2009 with 17 replies and 1,151 views.

1. velkro

velkro Newbie

Ratings:
    Use the standby or lag switch in the map selection

Use the standby on the countdown... so enemies dont have weapons....

2. deeemc

deeemc Newbie

Ratings:
    um i could've swore they said they patched it in the update. I havent been in a match with either of those since the update. You might wanna check into that.

3. Walk On

Walk On Newbie

Ratings:
    You can get a temp IP ban and 0 XP for that match.

4. vsteven

vsteven Newbie

Ratings:
    Do you knw how long the your ip will get banned??

5. GoDz oF GeArZ

GoDz oF GeArZ Newbie

Ratings:
    :thumbdown:
    For about 2 games

6. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    OMFG. Do not listen to them.

If you standby/lag switch during a game you get host banned.

You cannot get host banned for lag switching or standbying in the map selection screens.

If you mean standby during the weapon selection phase then they would still spawn with weapons. If you meant standby at the beginning countdown for the match where you have the map loaded and are waiting to spawn then you will get host banned.

If you get host banned for a match then you will get 0 xp for the match that you got host banned for and will not be able to get host for around an hour. Host bans get longer with each host ban you get from then on.

7. GoDz oF GeArZ

GoDz oF GeArZ Newbie

Ratings:
    Host bans dont go by time they go by number of games

8. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They go by time yet people say they last for an amount of games you play because GoW2 games last for about 20-25 minutes each and you can get 2 in per hour.

I was host banned after the last game I played one night, went to bed and *bam* I could get host again in the morning.

Please explain how my xbox could turn itself on and play GoW2 online for me while I am sleeping.

9. Chocolate Bunny

Chocolate Bunny Newbie

Ratings:
    I lag switch to get host - then sometimes it kind of freezes when the countdown gets to 1 to start the match, and I get zero xp. I don't do anything else to my lag switch after i rejoin the party, and it still randomly does this freeze up thing and i get host banned.

The match is always legit and everyone can shoot/kill/etc and a lot of times the other team has host-powered weapons (because my connection owns).

I have been host banned 3 times now and I am concerned eventually it will ban me for so long that I won't get host with my friends anymore and I am the only one that can pull host.

10. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Your connection cannot support 9 people, that is why you are host banned.

11. Chocolate Bunny

Chocolate Bunny Newbie

Ratings:
    no- I have over 5mb download and over 600k upload. WAY more than enough for gears2.

i got host at least 10 times tonight, then randomly got host banned again. so it's working, just not as regularly as it was before the last xbox live update - i am nearly 100% that update did something to try and stop lag switches. but it isn't fully effective.

12. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I already answered your question.

It was a dashboard update not an update for GoW2.

13. Chocolate Bunny

Chocolate Bunny Newbie

Ratings:

Dude, I know it was a dashboard update, but prior to that update I lag switched 60 or more matches IN A ROW without one single zero point match, or host ban, EVER.

My connection didn't change, and it's way more than enough to host xbox live matches. The only thing that did change was the dashboard update and as soon as that update dropped, my host bans started. You do the math.

14. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So what you are saying is that the two title updates, that have started host banning people who standby and/or lagswitch, had no effect on you until the new dashboard came out?

Do you want to know the circumstances under which one becomes host banned? I am just going to tell you anyways just to be clear.

You get host banned when you are host and players cannot connect to you for any amount of time during the match.

There is only one way to get host banned and that is because players were not able to connect to your xbox. I already explained how this happened yet you do not wish to believe it.

I do not need to do the math because I have done the science.

/thread.

15. giohitt

giohitt Newbie

Ratings:
    well i standbied one game and got host banned and im sure ive been host a ****load of time and never got banned b4 so it has to have been a patch. also some game patches dont need updats so something as little as adding on to what can get u host banned wouldnt take mucha dn prolly wouldnt need a update download.

16. Chocolate Bunny

Chocolate Bunny Newbie

Ratings:
    dont tell shadowz - something tells me he doesn't like/admit being wrong.

17. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Fail. It is what every one of your posts is filled with. TU 3 and 4 hindered standbying by adding host bans. Yet you claim you standbyed during them and that a dashboard update actually patched standbying.

You do not get banned for getting host through any means whether it is via standbying or legitly. Even if you get host banned you can get it legitly after you ban has been lifted. So once host bans are lifted you can get host. I have been host banned for standbying like 5-7 over the course of TU3. I actually get host legitly around 4/10 times going in by myself now. Also when you are host, in the pre game lobby during the voting you are the only one able to see the 6th vote, during the final weapon selection countdown you will see your 0:00 flash twice and finally at the end of a winning or stalemate round that you are still alive at the end of, you will not be able to melee no matter how many times you spam b.

18. Chocolate Bunny

Chocolate Bunny Newbie

Ratings:
    Turns out the EXACT same day as the dashboard update happened, my Internet connection started taking packet loss. Not a lot, but enough to occasionally give me host bans in Gears matches.

Everything is back to normal now. Lag switching again for the win.