can you force host like this?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare' started by Lew2290, Jun 14, 2009 with 7 replies and 413 views.

1. Lew2290

Lew2290 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can you hook your 360 up to a laptop with wireless?

2. 0xidium

0xidium Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School VIP Retired

Ratings:
    just plug the 360 right into the laptop with an ethernet cable, hit open network connections, and highlight both of them, Right click on of them and hit 'Bridge Connections' I don't think it will Force Host though.

4. OP
    Lew2290

Lew2290 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Won't that cause an IP Conflict?

5. HangtimePro

HangtimePro Permanently Plugged In

Ratings:
    Do exactly what he said about bridging connections, and to answer this question, rarely it will happen, like maybe once a month.
    But do force host you also need a firewall program, I recommend Webroot Desktop Firewall, and make sure you have Xbox Live's IP and yours as well. (Just for good measure)

6. livetorise

livetorise Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you cannot forcce host in cod 4 by yourself!!!! if you add cod 4 ip's to zone alarm and then you set fire wall to high and search for a game you will get a game with one you in it... but the instin you put ur fire-wall down people join and after there is enough people it selects the person with the best connection to be host. also if someone joins in game and has a better connection then you.. they steal host

7. HangtimePro

HangtimePro Permanently Plugged In

Ratings:
    Semi true, because even if people join in and you think you are not host you can still bump up the firewall, and boot the host each time until you get host. It's that easy and works for me when I used to do it.

8. OP
    Lew2290

Lew2290 Enthusiast

Ratings:

ok thanks :smile: