What's new

Discussion Can you DL the Beta by sharing ODST discs?

• Thread starter SpartanX619
  • Start date
  • Views 931
S

SpartanX619

Reaction score
Sin$
Just to clarify, I have searched all the topics in the thread and haven't found any regarding this specific question. Perhaps, though, this is because it's just a very basic question but I still want to know.

So my friend bought ODST but he is grounded for about 2 weeks. He will allow me to borrow his disc but I need to know SPECIFICALLY how the beta works.

Does it work by...

1. having only one possible download per ODST copy?
or
2. having unlimited downloads with each copy?

I don't wanna download the beta then give him the disc back and have him pissed that I stole his beta.

I

instink7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just to clarify, I have searched all the topics in the thread and haven't found any regarding this specific question. Perhaps, though, this is because it's just a very basic question but I still want to know.

So my friend bought ODST but he is grounded for about 2 weeks. He will allow me to borrow his disc but I need to know SPECIFICALLY how the beta works.

Does it work by...

1. having only one possible download per ODST copy?
or
2. having unlimited downloads with each copy?

I don't wanna download the beta then give him the disc back and have him pissed that I stole his beta.

I am guessing you need the disc in your xbox to play the beta.

SpaceBear

SpaceBear

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
you should be able to i dont see why as long as u dont have to redeem a code it wont be on the account im just gonna rent mine from blockbuster so it better :angry:

jon5353

jon5353

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To play the beta you have to have

1. A code that downloads the beta to the xbox. (That's how people are playing right now)
2. Wait till Monday and put in ODST and there will be an option somewhere on the menu or inside one of the selections saying "play the beta" or something along those lines.

To answer your question simply, no. You cannot as #2 states. It doesn't even download if you play Halo Reach that way.

S

SpartanX619

Reaction score
Sin$

1. A code that downloads the beta to the xbox. (That's how people are playing right now)
2. Wait till Monday and put in ODST and there will be an option somewhere on the menu or inside one of the selections saying "play the beta" or something along those lines.

To answer your question simply, no. You cannot as #2 states. It doesn't even download if you play Halo Reach that way.

Okay, but it would be possible then to share discs still? For example, I play the beta on monday for two weeks until he is ungrounded then I give the disc to him... he would still be able to play, right?

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

There will be a download, you think they had the beta for Halo Reach finished and put it on the ODST disc back in November?? theres no chance. There will definately be a download.

But i think if you borrow the disc then download the beta, your friend will be able to download it when he gets the disc back.

I

instink7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, but it would be possible then to share discs still? For example, I play the beta on monday for two weeks until he is ungrounded then I give the disc to him... he would still be able to play, right?
Yes (as far I know). No codes for the beta came with ODST. They said you just need the disc.

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
OMG http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/article.aspx?ucc=faq >_>

Top Bottom
Login
Register