Can you copy protect downloaded xbox 360 games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by C00LAR, Dec 25, 2008 with 10 replies and 423 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C00LAR

C00LAR Contributor

Ratings:
    Heres the problem, i sell xbox 360 games for five pounds (10 dollars roughly) and i have come to realize that one person is buying my game and coping it and selling it for less, therefore im losing alot of business totaling around 200 pounds so far (around 40 customers). is there any way to copy protect the dvd so that it still plays in an xbox. i know this is easily bypassable but the guy is an idiot who can ony hit "copy DVD" in nero so he will be out of hes depth.
    I know i like to ramble on but i would pefer you guys to know the whole story so that you can help me in the best possible way.
    thanks for your help guys:biggrin:

2. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    he obviously knows what he is doing... to copy a game for 360 you either need a 360 with its drive in 0800 OR a Kreon drive.... and no.. only way would be to scratch the disc, but then no 360 would play it

3. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You are mad because somebody is pirating your pirated games. Wow.

If there was a way to copy protect games, don't you think Microsoft would have figured it out by now?

4. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    lolz

5. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is against the rules. I wouldn't post otherwise, but I want to say that that's the stupidest **** I've ever heard of in my life.

I'm pretty sure you just need a dual-layer DVD... this isn't an actual 360 game he's copying, it's a pirated one.

6. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Why would someone buy it then copy it? why not just burn it themselves?

7. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Mainly because they're stupid. I'm not quite sure why he knows so many people with modded 360's either, unless for some reason he's scamming them all into believing they work on any 360. :smile:

8. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    Its perfectly fine, and you cant just pop a pirated game into your computer and read it lol

9. OP
    C00LAR

C00LAR Contributor

Ratings:
    The reason i know hes stupid is because he doesn't even know where to get the games from. He even asked me two months ago for a blackcats invite like i was just going to give to him and he isnt even getting verbatim disks either.hes using some no-name s**t
    plus the reason i have so many customers is because i live in one of the poorer parts of london where everyone cant afford 40 pound xbox 360 games every other week. so i saw an opportunity and flashed a few and soon enough the word got around and the rest is history.
    i actually lol'd when he said i was mad because he was pirating my pirated games.
    anyway thanks for the replies guys.

well they kind of did. thats why you need a kreon and some knowhow of computers in general

10. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:

Actually you can. When you break the copy protection on the original disc and dump the ISO you can re-rip the burned disc any time you want without any special hardware. All you need is ISObuster, i also believe IMGburn works also. And a DVD-Rom drive, thats it.

11. AtomicBump

AtomicBump Premium Premium

Ratings:
    It's sad when pirates pirate pirated games and buy them from other pirates then sell them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.