What's new

Solved Can someone help me with DNS server?

• Thread starter Zacky MT
  • Start date
  • Views 1,106
Zacky MT

Zacky MT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have written so many threads on this subject on support and I believe I have found a section of the forums where no one actually goes to.

Can someone give me a in depth written tutorial on how to connect to a server? It just doesn't affect my game at all. It plays normally. Do i need to change settings? Do i need to get a new router/modem? Do i need a wireless connection? Help please.

Eddie Adrian

Eddie Adrian

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there mate. Now, when you got a new DNS server which people tell its working, what you gonna do is go to you internet connection's settings. Manual settings on internet for your ps3/xbox (either wired or wireless, both works), now put everything else on automatic but DNS settings. Put the modded DNS server on Primary. Usually secondary will be 0.0.0.0 Now, go to your game utility and delete GTA V Patch (in case currently its 1.08 and its 78MB btw) PLEASE DO NOT DELETE YOUR SAVE DATA. Its two different files. Now after you delete, go to your browser (PS3) or Main Hard Disk (XBOX) and go to settings and delete/clear CACHE (if you doesnt sure about this do search on youtube. Now, turn off your console, and turn on again. Now, play GTA V but go into Story mode first. After that, go to Online (either Invite Only Session or Public, doesnt matter but i recommend IO Session).

Somehow at some point its hard to get connected to modded server if the server is flooded but keep trying mate.

Do reply if does work or you facing some problem. I'll be glad to help :smile:

Upvote 0
Eddie Adrian

Eddie Adrian

Reaction score
Sin$
No worries mate. I tried to get this server working for a whole week too without any help lol. And yesterday i got it working with self studies :smile:

I wish you good luck, and dont go too much on the mode :wink:

Upvote 0
Zacky MT

Zacky MT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there mate. Now, when you got a new DNS server which people tell its working, what you gonna do is go to you internet connection's settings. Manual settings on internet for your ps3/xbox (either wired or wireless, both works), now put everything else on automatic but DNS settings. Put the modded DNS server on Primary. Usually secondary will be 0.0.0.0 Now, go to your game utility and delete GTA V Patch (in case currently its 1.08 and its 78MB btw) PLEASE DO NOT DELETE YOUR SAVE DATA. Its two different files. Now after you delete, go to your browser (PS3) or Main Hard Disk (XBOX) and go to settings and delete/clear CACHE (if you doesnt sure about this do search on youtube. Now, turn off your console, and turn on again. Now, play GTA V but go into Story mode first. After that, go to Online (either Invite Only Session or Public, doesnt matter but i recommend IO Session).

Somehow at some point its hard to get connected to modded server if the server is flooded but keep trying mate.

Do reply if does work or you facing some problem. I'll be glad to help :smile:

I have to repeat this process every time it doesn't work?

Upvote 0
Eddie Adrian

Eddie Adrian

Reaction score
Sin$
You should starts from scratch. Get everything default and start with step by step i gave you.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register