What's new

can someone help me root my samsung galaxy s8?

• Thread starter Kill ExarTheBroken
  • Start date
  • Views 549
K

Kill ExarTheBroken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was looking for someone who wouldn't mind helping me through the process of rooting my samsung galaxy s8

S

SlayfulDex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was looking for someone who wouldn't mind helping me through the process of rooting my samsung galaxy s8
is it snapdragon or exynos version? they both can be officially rooted by now in 2020. exynos s8 was rootable like 2 weeks after release. snap s8 took 6 months but was only a root that left u at 80% chargeable battery at max. wasn't worth it as well and didn't include magisk. then 2019 came out a full root tut for s8 snap that allowed full root via downgrading to a 7.0 nougat kernal then swapping it into a 9.0 pie rom with a whole bunch of sht disabled security sht and no bloatware and magisk included and TWRP all using windows odin tool. but no rom flashing ect since snap s8 was so locked down so no custom roms for it. it's on XDA forms. go have a look. pretty simple tut. just be careful and make sure ur phone model number matches the root tut. i think t-mobile and AT&T was snapdragon rootable. idk about verizon and boost mobile and cricket version tho lol. i do know all exynos versions was rootable tho

K

Kill ExarTheBroken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it snapdragon or exynos version? they both can be officially rooted by now in 2020. exynos s8 was rootable like 2 weeks after release. snap s8 took 6 months but was only a root that left u at 80% chargeable battery at max. wasn't worth it as well and didn't include magisk. then 2019 came out a full root tut for s8 snap that allowed full root via downgrading to a 7.0 nougat kernal then swapping it into a 9.0 pie rom with a whole bunch of sht disabled security sht and no bloatware and magisk included and TWRP all using windows odin tool. but no rom flashing ect since snap s8 was so locked down so no custom roms for it. it's on XDA forms. go have a look. pretty simple tut. just be careful and make sure ur phone model number matches the root tut. i think t-mobile and AT&T was snapdragon rootable. idk about verizon and boost mobile and cricket version tho lol. i do know all exynos versions was rootable tho
ok. well im with verizon so yea. i'd have to figure out which one is verizon

Top Bottom