What's new

Support Can older R4 cards play new ds games?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1284784
  • Start date
  • Views 951
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1284784

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

my cousin wants to buy this used ds-i console which is bundled with an old R4 card, and he wants to know if this old R4 card will play newer games via a firmware upgrade, or would he actually need to buy a newer R4 cards in order to play newer games?

i've never owned an NDS console before so i really have no idea, though i'm aware of the Wood R4 Kernel which i heard would enable older R4 cards to play newer games to some extent, so could my cousin just buy this console and R4 bundle, upgrade the firmware and use it to play whatever new games that he wants to play?

thanks for letting me know!

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

my cousin wants to buy this used ds-i console which is bundled with an old R4 card, and he wants to know if this old R4 card will play newer games via a firmware upgrade, or would he actually need to buy a newer R4 cards in order to play newer games?

i've never owned an NDS console before so i really have no idea, though i'm aware of the Wood R4 Kernel which i heard would enable older R4 cards to play newer games to some extent, so could my cousin just buy this console and R4 bundle, upgrade the firmware and use it to play whatever new games that he wants to play?

thanks for letting me know!

Unfortunately when R4 cards come into play there is no way to tell without trying as they are all different depending on the company that made them

In theory the card should play any game provided it's on it's newest update

D

Deleted member 1284784

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i guess the only way know for sure is to buy the console and turn it on with the R4 to see if it works, thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register