• Views 276
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThePope43

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
....buy an Iphone from someone, probably a 2g or hopefully a 3G 16gb from someone, and jailbreak it and delete the phone and text apps and use the iphone as an ipod touch?

Basically, I want a camera and microphone. I have a 2nd gen ipod touch 8gb right now, but I really would like to do what i stated above. From what Krafty has told me, I can buy one and if it's not jailbroken then I can do it myself, then through SSH I can delete the phone stuff and essentially it would be exactly like my ipod touch, except it would have a camera and microphone. The other question I have is, I'm one of those losers who likes to pay for my applications so all the applications I've paid for, can I still put the iphone on my account and keep all my paid for apps and continue to pay for them and put them on the iphone?

R

Raventu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you delete the phone and text and stuff, iTunes probably won't pick it up as a device, meaning that you won't be able to sync apps to it.

F

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Reaction score
ThePope43 said:
....buy an Iphone from someone, probably a 2g or hopefully a 3G 16gb from someone, and jailbreak it and delete the phone and text apps and use the iphone as an ipod touch?

Basically, I want a camera and microphone. I have a 2nd gen ipod touch 8gb right now, but I really would like to do what i stated above. From what Krafty has told me, I can buy one and if it's not jailbroken then I can do it myself, then through SSH I can delete the phone stuff and essentially it would be exactly like my ipod touch, except it would have a camera and microphone. The other question I have is, I'm one of those losers who likes to pay for my applications so all the applications I've paid for, can I still put the iphone on my account and keep all my paid for apps and continue to pay for them and put them on the iphone?

yeah this would work fine.

What you could also do is download SBsettings and use "poof" to just hide the icons that way your phone app will still open if you try to call someone (in example if you in your contacts app and you hit someones name) as opposed to your spring board crashing witch is what would happen if you just removed them via SSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom