Can I put a backup game on my HD without burning it?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by ZeroTheBurninator, Feb 17, 2009 with 3 replies and 295 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroTheBurninator

ZeroTheBurninator Contributor

Ratings:
    What the title says. My game got scratched up, and it locks up at a certain level. I can connect my HD to my computer, but I'd rather not open up my 360, as that will void the warranty.

Is there some folder on my HD I can just copy the files to? Or any method that will work?

Thanks!

2. The Magical Puddin

The Magical Puddin Newbie

Ratings:
  3. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    No you cannot just place the game files on your HDD and play it, the disk has to be in the tray to verify that you actually own the disk. Making a backup won't solve anything. Since you say that it loads but locks up at a certain point, i suggest you rent that game at your local video store and use the "copy to HDD" feature and then you can load the scratched disk so that the 360 can verify that you actually own the game. (the 360 only reads a little part at the beggining of the disk to verify what game it is)

4. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    Rent the game, save it to the xbox, return it(your scratched disk will work just fine to load up on since it only reads the security sector near the middle of the disk). You cant copy the game to your hdd because it's in a live container and cant be resigned by my knowledge.. OR!!!!!!!- try the toothpaste trick(worked for my dead halo 2 that had rings from hot swapping):

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A5AjlTkmyA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.