What's new

Discussion Can I play games that a recovered profile downloaded on my account?

• Thread starter johndeerepwns
  • Start date
  • Views 1,337
J

johndeerepwns

Reaction score
Sin$
So, I read somewhere that if you got a friend with points on his account, you can get stuff for him and yourself for no extra cost. It said that first, your friend recovers his account on your xbox. Then, he downloads some stuff. Then, he goes home, and recovers his gamertag back to his xbox. Then, he redownloads the stuff. Would this work, or would some variation of this method work?

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes this method should work actually. He must purchase and download on your xbox first though.

Sega

Sega

VIP
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I read somewhere that if you got a friend with points on his account, you can get stuff for him and yourself for no extra cost. It said that first, your friend recovers his account on your xbox. Then, he downloads some stuff. Then, he goes home, and recovers his gamertag back to his xbox. Then, he redownloads the stuff. Would this work, or would some variation of this method work?

Yes, this works.

Firstly you'll need to recover his/her account onto your Xbox.

Secondly go to this link and click "Start the License Transfer process now".

Thirdly Follow the steps by following the link until you get to a step mention something similar to "On your new Xbox 360 re-download your content".

Fourthly, visit his/her download history (Account Management):

accountmanagement.jpg

ManageAccount-PurchaseHistory.jpg

Fifthly, download anything you would like to download.

Finally, Repeat the third step until you are satisfied, and all of the content is on your own Xbox.

And you're done.

Top Bottom
Login
Register