What's new

Discussion Can I make a profit off of this?

• Thread starter YoImChase
  • Start date
  • Views 692
YoImChase

YoImChase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am 13 years old and am building a PC.. I have 700$ to my self but I know that high school is only next year ect ect and there are many more things that I can do with this money.. I was wondering of I ended up building my PC then lets say need something more important in life like parts to the harley davidson truck me and my dad are building now ectect if I can sell it and make same money I spent on it or even more? Any help would mean alot!

Heres the build btw if it helps! http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2t4tK

Fanboy

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Once anything is second hand the value drops dramatically. I doubt you'll be able to make "Profit".

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I am 13 years old and am building a PC.. I have 700$ to my self but I know that high school is only next year ect ect and there are many more things that I can do with this money.. I was wondering of I ended up building my PC then lets say need something more important in life like parts to the harley davidson truck me and my dad are building now ectect if I can sell it and make same money I spent on it or even more? Any help would mean alot!

Heres the build btw if it helps! http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2t4tK

The only way you'd stand to make money off of it is if you built it and then immediately sold it as "Brand new other" stating that it was turned on only to make sure that the parts worked correctly.

YoImChase

YoImChase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only way you'd stand to make money off of it is if you built it and then immediately sold it as "Brand new other" stating that it was turned on only to make sure that the parts worked correctly.

How much off of that build you think? And anywhere you know that people buy them asap ect?

D

Deleted member 504779

There's a time and place for everything.
Grizzled Veteran Tutorial Creator Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Once anything is second hand the value drops dramatically. I doubt you'll be able to make "Profit".

I bought a 7950 GPU and sold it almost a year later for $100 profit

Fanboy

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a 7950 GPU and sold it almost a year later for $100 profit

Funny you should say that, i brought my Vapor-X 7950 for around £220 and i've seen them go for £300 on eBay.

Chaos

Chaos

Retired
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
So I could honestly make a buisness off of building a pc then making profit so on But how much of a profit is the real question :tongue:

I can tell you it won't be as easy as you think... Unless you catch someone who doesn't really know that they could build one themselves, then you might get lucky. I would suggest maybe selling it to a friend or something? But hey, it's worth a shot. If you think it will work, go for it.

YoImChase

YoImChase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can tell you it won't be as easy as you think... Unless you catch someone who doesn't really know that they could build one themselves, then you might get lucky. I would suggest maybe selling it to a friend or something? But hey, it's worth a shot. If you think it will work, go for it.

So just find something else to do with my money?

Chaos

Chaos

Retired
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
So just find something else to do with my money?

Not what I meant. It is a good learning experience to build a computer. You could build one, and end up using it instead of what you intended by selling it. If you come across someone who wants to buy it, then you have yourself a small profit, and POSSIBLY start a little money trend, and become an entrepreneur at 13.

YoImChase

YoImChase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not what I meant. It is a good learning experience to build a computer. You could build one, and end up using it instead of what you intended by selling it. If you come across someone who wants to buy it, then you have yourself a small profit, and POSSIBLY start a little money trend, and become an entrepreneur at 13.

Yes, but I mean there are way more stuff I can do with it as well about to go into high school ect!

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
So I could honestly make a buisness off of building a pc then making profit so on But how much of a profit is the real question :tongue:

I mean the only way you'd make a business out of it is if you looked at it in a business way. You'd wanna buy the parts in bulk at the lowest price possible factoring in deals, combos, coupons, rebates, etc and then build them all and sell them on eBay or craigslist. I see it on eBay a lot and i'm sure you could make $100-$200 minimum on each one but it would require investing a lot of money into it as well.

Personally I don't think it would be worth it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register