What's new

Question Can I jailbreak my iphone 3gs - firmware 3.1.3 ?

T

TiNd3r

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Need to 100% make sure, mixed reactions on this forum, some say you can, some say you can't.

Also if you can, which is the best program to download to allow a smooth jailbreak?

Thanks

Operating System
  1. iOS
Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The reasons it is mixed is because the answer is actually mixed.

If you have the old iBoot you can jailbreak 3.1.3 using snowbreeze however if you have recently purchased your iphone you most likely have the newer iboot and cannot jailbreak.

Rule of thumb:
If you previously had a tethered jailbreak you cannot jailbreak at all on 3.1.3
If you had a untethered jailbreak just use snowbreeze.

T

TiNd3r

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Are there any updates or progress about jailbreaking 3.1.3 on iPhone 3GS?

I am getting pretty pissed off that I upgraded accidently, if there is no indication that no one is solving the problem, then I guess I will have to start paying for apps...

R

reaper603

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes. blackra1n? try it out. it may work it may not. i have absolutely no experience with iphones. just ipod touches. idk if its been done for iphone 3gs.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
TiNd3r said:
Are there any updates or progress about jailbreaking 3.1.3 on iPhone 3GS?

I am getting pretty pissed off that I upgraded accidently, if there is no indication that no one is solving the problem, then I guess I will have to start paying for apps...
No no one cares about 3.1.3. GeoHot it working on the PS3 and the dev team gave far warning not to upgrade so they don't feel it necessary to do. They are also dealing with jailbreaks on a patchable level so they don't want to waist an exploit on it when they can save it for a more major upgrade.

Top Bottom
Login
Register