What's new

Can I jailbreak my iphone 3g with 3.1.3 firmware?

• Thread starter ssballin24
  • Start date
  • Views 796
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ssballin24

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I accidentally updated my iphone 3g to 3.1.3 a long time ago without thinking and I was just wondering if there was anyway that I could jailbreak it?

L

LiarInGlass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can use Snowbreeze I believe. Not sure, but it may not work if it wasn't Jailbroken before.

Edit: Try this tutorial and see if it helps or does anything for you.

http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-3.1.3-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-3.1.3/

S

ssballin24

Reaction score
Sin$
You can use Snowbreeze I believe. Not sure, but it may not work if it wasn't Jailbroken before.

Edit: Try this tutorial and see if it helps or does anything for you.

http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-3.1.3-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-3.1.3/
Thanks. It has been jailbroken before with blackrain but I'll try it

L

LiarInGlass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should have no problems if it was jailbroken before.

M

mrwickedd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
not sure if you can. if you updated using itunes and not a custom firmware it might not be possible. are you trying to use it with another carrier other than att? you can try to restore to a 3.1.2 firmware and then try to re-jailbreak with blackra1n. also...

Famous iPhone hacker, Geohot, has discovered an exploit in the iPhone 3.1.3 software which allows users to “untethered jailbreak” their device. While he has not posted any details of the exploit yet, he has posted a video showing proof that his exploit works. If Geohot’s exploit works, users can jailbreak iPhone 3.2 firmware and not have to re-jailbreak every time they reboot their device. Geohot also says that users may also be able to jailbreak iPad with his exploit.

An untethered jailbreak is big news. Geohot has not released his exploit yet, because Apple is expected to release iPhone 4G in the summer and they may patch the exploit if Geohot releases it right now. Geohot says that you will be able to jailbreak iPhone 3.2 in the same way that you can currently jailbreak with his easy to use blackra1n software. This means that many iPhone users will be able to use his exploit with just one click.

source: http://www.quickpwn.com/2010/03/jailbreak-iphone-3-2.html

L

LiarInGlass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
not sure if you can. if you updated using itunes and not a custom firmware it might not be possible. are you trying to use it with another carrier other than att? you can try to restore to a 3.1.2 firmware and then try to re-jailbreak with blackra1n. also...

source: http://www.quickpwn.com/2010/03/jailbreak-iphone-3-2.html

He has an iPhone 3G. He should be able to jailbreak the 3.1.3 perfectly fine. The people who can't are those who updated to stock 3.1.3 on an iPhone 3GS. 3GS and 3G isn't the same thing.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just use redsnow. When it ask you to browse for an Ipsw show it a 3.1.2 ipsw.

M

mrwickedd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ooo sorry, i misread. though it was a 3gs

I

instink7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to restore to 3.1.2 with redsn0w.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that "You only have to point to a 3.1.2 ipsw since the jailbreaking process is identical on the 3g it will work."

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to restore to 3.1.2 with redsn0w.

No you don't. You only have to point to a 3.1.2 ipsw since the jailbreaking process is identical on the 3g it will work.

Edit. It's cute that you neg rep back yet have no facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register