What's new

Discussion Can I get banned If I get legit copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Even if you have a legit copy, you are playing it before the release date which is against the TOS. You can get banned.

H

HeartBrokenMan

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you will not get banned with a legit copy, dont listen to the people.
I had MW2 2 weeks before it came out.

D

dacCURSEDv2

Reaction score
Sin$
Legit = Good. But whoever sells it to you might get in trouble.

G

gsr101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wow, kids you all really think you know what your talking about ? :lol:
this is why i hate 2010ers they have no clue what there talking about or any thing to back them up

S

sam cm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cannot get banned with a legit copy, other people have no clue.

had 3 mates who got the MW2 Xbox 2 weeks early, they played online and still are.

T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you can,if:

1)You play before the official release date
2)Have a modded xbox,even if you actually play with the legit copy of the game
No.

Only the 2nd is true.

As long as you have a legit copy and a un-modded retail xbox, you can't get banned.

SHABOOOYA

SHABOOOYA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I get banned If I get legit copy?
Just wondering because my friend works at futureshop and he might sell me two when it comes, one for me and one for hum but where wondering if we get early will we get banned.
You can play it, but DO NOT play multiplayer because you will get banned, and DEFINITELY DO NOT make an ISO or your gonna get f***ed over

A

ayshplaysh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i wasnt talkin about reach
when halo 3 leaked some guy was sellin games early at gamestop and ms banned them for playing it before the release date, if its 2-3 days early its fine but 3-1 week isnt.
You're an idiot, there was an initial threat issued but nobody was banned. NOBODY WHO PLAYED THE GAME EARLY LEGIT WAS BANNED. The threat was meant to be directed at pirates.

Playing games early IS NOT, I repeat IS NOT I violation of TOS for 360 or PSN, street dates are an understanding between the publisher and retailer. The retailer is able to sell the game whenever they want when it comes in, they can't be fined there is no legal obligation they have to wait for the street date, however most retailers will stick to the street date in order to keep a relationship with the publisher otherwise it's likely that the publisher would not sell their future games to that retailer.

Stop acting like you have any idea what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register