Can i flash my 360 drive with this chipset?

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by kirota, Jul 13, 2009 with 5 replies and 144 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirota

kirota Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok so i'm trying to flash my 360 disc drive to play burned games....the part im a little confused on is the connecting the drive to your pc part

tutorials say you need a compatible sata chipset...idk what that means but i have a

XFX motherboard, with an nforce 740a SLI chipset

so can i do it with that? and if i cant, what do i need to buy to be able to...

2. Alteran

Alteran Premium Premium

Ratings:
    From what I can remember, you should be alright. But it really depends on what kind of drive your 360 has. Unless someone more experienced knows for sure that can help ou out better, I need what kind of drive you have.

3. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    nforce series i believe is supported. I can't garuntee it, but go ahead and try to flash your drive using Jungleflasher, it should support most chipsets. Also from what I heard, it were via and nforce chipsets that were originally supported (although I believe a different series), so you should be good.

4. OP
    kirota

kirota Newbie

Ratings:
    ok...i looked at my drive, and its a phillips....but im not sure if its a benq, or liteon
    does a phillips drive = liteon, or what? sorry just a lot of different names

5. Abolfazl

Abolfazl Contributor

Ratings:
    Phillips = Lite-On

You have a Lite-On meaning you will need to get a ck3 pro + probe

6. OP
    kirota

kirota Newbie

Ratings: