What's new

Discussion Can I download the Texture pack offline?

• Thread starter Liberation
  • Start date
  • Views 24,587
Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I was wondering if I can download the texture pack offline. Also, is there anyway to download it through my pc (via someone sending me the files) and insert it into my HDD? I only have my single player disc because I let my friend borrow my Multiplayer disc since I don't have gold.

Bhursty

Bhursty

Getting There
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I think you can only get the option to download the pack online with the multiplayer disc, but I'm not sure.
It makes sense that it would work if you get the files on a USB or something and transfer it over to your Xbox.
But once again, I'm not sure.

Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
I think you can only get the option to download the pack online with the multiplayer disc, but I'm not sure.
It makes sense that it would work if you get the files on a USB or something and transfer it over to your Xbox.
But once again, I'm not sure.
I was trying to figure that out myself. Or is it signed with console/profile ID's?

DiggerNick

WhopperHead

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
get live?
take your harddrive to your friend, log into his acc on his xbox.
get updates
????
PROFIT!!!

Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think you can upload yours since I can't find it anywhere?
You cannot move it from one location to another. I tried this with my friend. If you try and move the file, the xbox will tell you that you are not allowed to move this type of file. The only way to do it, is to download it from LIVE to your HDD. I am not sure if it will let you install on a USB or not...

Also, I'm pretty sure the HD stuff is only for multiplayer... Isn't it? The campaign should already be full quality... no?

Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
You cannot move it from one location to another. I tried this with my friend. If you try and move the file, the xbox will tell you that you are not allowed to move this type of file. The only way to do it, is to download it from LIVE to your HDD. I am not sure if it will let you install on a USB or not...

Also, I'm pretty sure the HD stuff is only for multiplayer... Isn't it? The campaign should already be full quality... no?
It's for both SinglePlayer and Multiplayer. Also I was suggesting using a transfer wire on a Pc with your HDD and putting the files on your Pc. You know such as the way the GoW beta for everyone? It won't let you transfer it to your USB though.

Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
get live?
take your harddrive to your friend, log into his acc on his xbox.
get updates
????
PROFIT!!!
All that you have just said is invalid. It has nothing to do with being online or using someone else's account. Learn to actually help instead of randomly posting.

Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It's for both SinglePlayer and Multiplayer. Also I was suggesting using a transfer wire on a Pc with your HDD and putting the files on your Pc. You know such as the way the GoW beta for everyone? It won't let you transfer it to your USB though.
Yes, I guess you could inject it into your HDD... Do you have a transfer cable, or some way of connecting it?
Once you get the file, you could try that. Although, I would assume you'd need to assign it to your console ID, but I cannot confirm.

Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I guess you could inject it into your HDD... Do you have a transfer cable, or some way of connecting it?
Once you get the file, you could try that. Although, I would assume you'd need to assign it to your console ID, but I cannot confirm.
Yes I do, that's what I was asking for.

-marijuana-

-marijuana-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if you have a online connection you can get the texture packs even on single player disk.

Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
if you have a online connection you can get the texture packs even on single player disk.
No you can't. I tried earlier and it asked for me to insert my multiplayer disc.

Liberation

Liberation

I just work here dude
Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
why dont you get it back?
Because: A) My friend lives in NY and I'm in CT.
B) What the hell does this have to do with me asking? I'm trying to figure out if I can get the texture pack at all. If I were able to get the disc in the first place do you think I would be asking this?

Top Bottom
Login
Register