What's new

Solved Can I Do This With My Limited Setup?

• Thread starter Trojans Ghost
  • Start date
  • Views 368
T

Trojans Ghost

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So here's what I have:

RGH 360
Retail 360
Android Smartphone

Originally I thought a simple Windows mod would be what I needed so I could install some of the things I would like, like some sort of content unlocked for achievements, etc. After some research I think a Linux browser mod is what I need. So as per my post, can I do this having the tools I have got? If so how do I go about it in very noob terms please.

Thanks,

TG.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So here's what I have:

RGH 360
Retail 360
Android Smartphone

Originally I thought a simple Windows mod would be what I needed so I could install some of the things I would like, like some sort of content unlocked for achievements, etc. After some research I think a Linux browser mod is what I need. So as per my post, can I do this having the tools I have got? If so how do I go about it in very noob terms please.

Thanks,

TG.
What are you trying to achieve?

T

Trojans Ghost

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to use Velocity (I think) to unlock achievements and also it would be nice to have things like Microsoft Works so I can use Word and Excel etc. Or equivalents that may work. Everything I want to be able to do seems to keep saying I must put my profile on PC to be able to do it.

TG.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to use Velocity (I think) to unlock achievements and also it would be nice to have things like Microsoft Works so I can use Word and Excel etc. Or equivalents that may work. Everything I want to be able to do seems to keep saying I must put my profile on PC to be able to do it.

TG.
Velocity is a relatively lightweight program, that being said if the device can run Windows somehow then you should be fine as most mod tools like that you need Windows.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So is it Linux what I need to try and install to do what I want to do?
Off a quick google,
It appears windows applications can be ran off of Linux OS. Though, I'm not entirely sure what the requirements are to do this.

T

Trojans Ghost

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I think step 1 is how to get Linux then, right? My main concern is I need a noob tutorial as I don't want to do some irreversible damage.

TG.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I think step 1 is how to get Linux then, right? My main concern is I need a noob tutorial as I don't want to do some irreversible damage.
Yes,

This point in time I believe you can rule out using the retail console for anything of importance. You're mostly looking for some way to run a Linux emulator on your phone, I believe.
I don't believe your retail 360 will be able to do this, which is why I'm ruling it out.
Which, with a rooted android, there's tons of options to run Linux.

T

Trojans Ghost

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I understand, I need the ability to do move files via Windows or Linux. But can't I find a way to do this using my RGH? I have Freestyle which I use to copy/move files currently. Can't that be used to put the Velocity thing on USB then move it to my RGH then I can just use my console to mod profile without the use of a PC? I think that's my big question. How can I do this stuff on my RGH without the use of a PC? Surely as it can run homebrew bits it can run Velocity or am I wrong? Am I making myself clear or making things more confusing? ?

TG.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I understand, I need the ability to do move files via Windows or Linux. But can't I find a way to do this using my RGH? I have Freestyle which I use to copy/move files currently. Can't that be used to put the Velocity thing on USB then move it to my RGH then I can just use my console to mod profile without the use of a PC? I think that's my big question. How can I do this stuff on my RGH without the use of a PC? Surely as it can run homebrew bits it can run Velocity or am I wrong? Am I making myself clear or making things more confusing? ?

TG.
Can you link me to this Velocity you’re talking about? That way I can do some digging when I have free time.

T

Trojans Ghost

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Here you go:
Code:
https://community.wemod.com/t/release-velocity-xbox360-cross-platform-file-manager-v0-1-0-0/2623
TG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
T

Trojans Ghost

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So after all the mucking about with Linux/Ubuntu, it turns out it's not really compatible with my Corona RGH. So... Here's what I want to find out now: is there an achievement/avatar unlocked application that I can install and use directly from my console, with no need for PC file transfers?

TG.

Top Bottom
Login
Register