What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved Can boot Xell but not dash

K

kunsicov

Reaction score
Sin$
I recently tried to RGH 1.2 my xbox 360 Falcon with Matrix glitcher V3 and a NAND flasher. With a tutorial on this site i was able to get all the way to the CPU key. When I uploaded the XEBuild to NAND nothing happened, just a blank screen. Since NAND flasher returns failed to write block I tried to read what was written. To my surprise it returned bad block for the entire NAND, even for console type.Considering I can boot Xell Reloaded NAND flasher must be writing something and glitch chip is glitching so the wiring should also be good. Could the XeBuild be wrong somehow (Dashboard before the modification was 2.0.17526.0)?

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently tried to RGH 1.2 my xbox 360 Falcon with Matrix glitcher V3 and a NAND flasher. With a tutorial on this site i was able to get all the way to the CPU key. When I uploaded the XEBuild to NAND nothing happened, just a blank screen. Since NAND flasher returns failed to write block I tried to read what was written. To my surprise it returned bad block for the entire NAND, even for console type.Considering I can boot Xell Reloaded NAND flasher must be writing something and glitch chip is glitching so the wiring should also be good. Could the XeBuild be wrong somehow (Dashboard before the modification was 2.0.17526.0)?
What NAND Flasher are you using?
You will probably need to use NANDPRO if you're using anything other than a Nand-X or a JR Programmer, of which if you don't get the commands right, it will just wipe the nand and leave you with nothing.
Sounds like you tried to flash your nand incorrectly, it's not a wiring fault...

K

kunsicov

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the quick reply.
I used a MTX SPI NAND flasher V1.0 and followed instructions found on this site
"RGH 1.2 Start to finish tutorial + how to get a CR4 like experience (Phats only)"
Supposedly it should be possible eaven with the upgrade needed to also program Glitch chips (all in the same tutorial).

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the quick reply.
I used a MTX SPI NAND flasher V1.0 and followed instructions found on this site
"RGH 1.2 Start to finish tutorial + how to get a CR4 like experience (Phats only)"
Supposedly it should be possible eaven with the upgrade needed to also program Glitch chips (all in the same tutorial).
Yeah, double check NANDPRO options when flashing to your nand, and make sure your connections are all solid.
Did you check if the console was a BB 256 or 512 beforehand?

K

kunsicov

Reaction score
Sin$
I will look into alternatives to the MTX SPI NAND flasher. As for the wiring it should be ok as I soldered headers for the NAND connections to speed up the process.
Unfortunately no I didn't, where is this written? If this is listed in Xell, I can still boot it by erasing NAND and than uploading Xell.
If i try the same with XeImage I get a blank screen, but Xell work fine (In bought cases I can't verify what was written though)

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you sure Falcon consoles had two variants? I thought there was only 1. From the NAND chip inside the console it seems to be a 128Mb variant

I don't know much about exactly what revisions had which storage options, but I know theres a chance Phats can contain a 256 or 512MB nand giving you a bit of internal storage for things like updates which required storage, and an account/some saves etc.

I digress. Nandpro has a few options for reading and writing the nand, also double check in j-runner that you're making the correct nand for the console, it must have the correct CPU key, DVD Key and Dashboard Version, as well as CB and Fuse Readings.

Also, is the console still glitching or does it just sit idle on the black screen? It might be stuck in a weird display mode your TV doesn't like, did you boot the console stock beforehand to ensure it worked?

K

kunsicov

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know much about exactly what revisions had which storage options, but I know theres a chance Phats can contain a 256 or 512MB nand giving you a bit of internal storage for things like updates which required storage, and an account/some saves etc.
You are right about the NAND size, that is in the Jasper variant. As for my console it seems to be a 128 Mb judging from the chip inside the console. But i do admit I didn't look into it beforehand.

I digress. Nandpro has a few options for reading and writing the nand, also double check in j-runner that you're making the correct nand for the console, it must have the correct CPU key, DVD Key and Dashboard Version, as well as CB and Fuse Readings.
I will double check the setting, but if they are read over the network by J-runner they are sure to be correct? Could it be perhaps that there is a problem with the dashboard version. In the tutorial it states that for RGH 1.2 dashboard of 17511 should be selected, could that be the problem? Mine is on 2.0.17526.0.

Also, is the console still glitching or does it just sit idle on the black screen?
The console just sits on the black screen. The green light on the console is constantly ON, but from what i understand RGH 1.2 requires a CPLD to execute gliching so rapidly (might not be discernible to human eye). As for the glitcher chip it is not consistent, sometimes it blinks other times after power cyceling or letting it sit for a while disconnected it does nothing. Boot up into Xell is supper fast though.

It might be stuck in a weird display mode your TV doesn't like, did you boot the console stock beforehand to ensure it worked?
I don't think it is, I have tried it on multiple displays to verify however. When booting to Xell the green xbox ring does its boot up illumination, whiles with the XeImage nothing happens.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I will double check the setting, but if they are read over the network by J-runner they are sure to be correct? Could it be perhaps that there is a problem with the dashboard version. In the tutorial it states that for RGH 1.2 dashboard of 17511 should be selected, could that be the problem? Mine is on 2.0.17526.0.

That's your issue. For ANY Modified system, be it JTAG/R-JTAG/RGH, you must ensure the dashboard you're using is the same as the one the console was last updated to. The only time it can differ is if you're flashing a newer dash update to go online, of which you can do so without burning E-Fuses, too.

If your console was on 17526, Just make another image and flash, but make sure that 17526 is selected in J-Runner. This should fix the black screen error.
The black screen will be where the console has refused to boot the older dash version.

The console just sits on the black screen. The green light on the console is constantly ON, but from what i understand RGH 1.2 requires a CPLD to execute gliching so rapidly (might not be discernible to human eye). As for the glitcher chip it is not consistent, sometimes it blinks other times after power cyceling or letting it sit for a while disconnected it does nothing. Boot up into Xell is supper fast though.
If you say Xell boots reasonably fast, I would say your wiring is okay, generally there's no difference in boot times between the two when it comes to glitching.

K

kunsicov

Reaction score
Sin$
Got it working!
At first I tried to use the same version of dash in XeImage as on console, but that didn't work either.

Turns out the J-runner application I was using was not official, but unlike the official one it didn't crash on start. So I went through the comments of the official J-runner thread and found a newer version of J-runner that didn't crash on start (J-Runner v0.3 Beta 8 17511 & Dash Launch v3.18.1). With it I was able to flash XeImage with the dash 17511 (as in tutorial) and get it working :smile:

Thank you for your help.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Got it working!
At first I tried to use the same version of dash in XeImage as on console, but that didn't work either.

Turns out the J-runner application I was using was not official, but unlike the official one it didn't crash on start. So I went through the comments of the official J-runner thread and found a newer version of J-runner that didn't crash on start (J-Runner v0.3 Beta 8 17511 & Dash Launch v3.18.1). With it I was able to flash XeImage with the dash 17511 (as in tutorial) and get it working :smile:

Thank you for your help.
No problem, Glad you resolved your issue, have fun with your fresh new RGH!

Please mark this thread as solved. Thanks :smile:

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
How do I do that? Under More options/Edit thread/Prefixes there is only "Unsolved" and "no prefix" listed. Of the two i can only select "Unsolved"
Sorry for the belated reply I didn't receive email notification.
That's fine, I'll ask a mod to do it for you :smile:
Thanks,

Top Bottom
Login
Register