What's new

Can anyone tell me how to get any certain offset in IDA from a games default_mp.xex ?

• Thread starter QualitY GameR
  • Start date
  • Views 521
QualitY GameR

QualitY GameR

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone looking at this post.

I'm really into this section of the modding community at the moment and am wondering how I would get offsets for certain commands in IDA using a games (Black Ops 2)'s default_mp.xex .

Can anyone show me an example and explain around how to get a functions offset and bytes needed ?

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

WildeThing

WildeThing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to know what you're looking for.
The quickest and most simplest way is by contextual analysis. E.g. if you already have a function and you have a clear idea of what it does, are there any calls or change of control flow from there?
What you're doing requires knowledge of PPC ASM if you want to be certain that's what a function does. To figure out the argument passed to the function, I'd assume, similar to other assembly languages, you'd be able to tell by the entry sequence of the function and then subsequent move operations before functions are called.

pLTPF

pLTPF

I am NOT LeafyIsHere
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone looking at this post.

I'm really into this section of the modding community at the moment and am wondering how I would get offsets for certain commands in IDA using a games (Black Ops 2)'s default_mp.xex .

Can anyone show me an example and explain around how to get a functions offset and bytes needed ?

Thanks in advance,

Ben.
Port what ever offset you're looking for from the cod 4 pdb to what ever game. In the cod 4 pdb all the functions are labeled, so you can then find what you're looking for.

Top Bottom
Login
Register