Discussion Can anyone fill me in?

SiiK

SiiK

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
well i stopped following the pc scene long ago i cant remember where exactly but the last things i remember that sandy bridge came out and there was a huge failure with the chipsets so they were all defective i was a little ahead of that lets say i stopped following it shortly after the amd processors with gpu combined em like those A8 (I think) or whatever, so basicly im out of date by like a year i think, could anyone fill me in with info? link me to vids or tech sites where i could catch up? thanks

used to always watch newegg the last vids i saw of them was after he tought how to create your own build series

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Well Intel just released their Ivy Bridge line (April this year), which is an upgrade from Sandy Bridge. It offers around 10-15% performance increase, better IGP, PCI-E 3.0 and other stuff. Ivy Bridge i3's and Extreme-Editions processors are set to release late this year/early next year. They've also released new motherboard chipsets to provide native support for Ivy Bridge and DDR3-1600MHz

AMD released their HD 7000 series graphics cards (7750/70, 7850/70, 7950/70, and the 7990 which should set to launch any time now), whilst NVIDIA are continually releasing their Kepler cards [GTX 600 series] (cards released so far: GTX 660 Ti, 670, 680, 690 [dual-GPU]). Kepler is managing itself extremely well and is very powerful, quite better than AMD's line.

SiiK

SiiK

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well Intel just released their Ivy Bridge line (April this year), which is an upgrade from Sandy Bridge. It offers around 10-15% performance increase, better IGP, PCI-E 3.0 and other stuff. Ivy Bridge i3's and Extreme-Editions processors are set to release late this year/early next year. They've also released new motherboard chipsets to provide native support for Ivy Bridge and DDR3-1600MHz

AMD released their HD 7000 series graphics cards (7750/70, 7850/70, 7950/70, and the 7990 which should set to launch any time now), whilst NVIDIA are continually releasing their Kepler cards [GTX 600 series] (cards released so far: GTX 660 Ti, 670, 680, 690 [dual-GPU]). Kepler is managing itself extremely well and is very powerful, quite better than AMD's line.
very well said thanks :biggrin:

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
very well said thanks :biggrin:

There haven't being too many "major" advancements in the other fields as far as I know of. SSD's are always getting faster nowadays, and prices continue to drop on them which is great.

RAM is RAM, and is very cheap.

Your standard hard drives had a major price hike back in October of last year due to floods in Thailand. The prices have dropped to pretty much normal levels however in the last few months.

Power supplies are getting ever more efficient and cheaper.

Cases are doing great so far, a lot of suppliers are bringing out quality stuff (BitFenix noteworthy) which means cheaper prices.

Overall nothing too major, although these little things that improve performance and reduce costs are always awesome :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register