Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
I know, the campaign would have been better if people didn't post their spoilers around October 2012 saying Cortana Died and all of that
The game came out in November of 2012...

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Wolf's Sin of Pride / Lolicon
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
The game came out in November of 2012...
People had the game a bit earlier...

I didn't really like H4 i thought it was a train wreck the only thing that got me to buy it was MC and Cortana.. literally anything else in that game was irrelevant to me as a halo fan but i thought the didact was badass until they showed literally no screen time in-game with him.. just some cutscenes and the worst/easiest "boss" death i have seen.. i saw someone replied that the campaign doesn't have anything to do with didact.. but the entire campaign is about you freeing him (by accident) then stopping his plan to eradicate the human race.... how is the campaign not about him.. and to the topic about the elites they were a rouge faction whom also came under the control of the didact when he was awoken along with his soldiers..

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
It was marketed as "an ancient evil rises" or something along those lines, the synopsis was descried as you fighting against against a Forerunner and in developer interviews they focused heavily on the Didact...They shoved the whole Didact thing down our throats on terms of marketing the game, so yes, I did expect something. Maybe not a boss battle, but for the Didact to have an actual presence in the game.

I haven't played the original, but all the other Halo games (minus Halo Wars) I have played. Halo 2 had multiple bad guys(Guilty Spark, Tartarus). Halo 3 had multiple bad guys(The flood, Gravemind, High Prophet). Halo Reach didn't really have any admittedly - but the actual storyline was gripping.
WHOOOAAAHH

If we're gonna bring up hold Halo games here, let's be honest about them. Halo: Reach was garbage, straight up. It was rushed by MGS and Bungie didn't put their heart into it because it was their last Halo game. The only character, and I mean only character, in the storyline who had any bit of personality or interesting features about them was Jorge and go figure, he was the first to go.

While still on the topic of past Halo games, I'm surprised you didn't even mention ODST. That's my favorite game out of the series, and one of my favorite games of all time. Every character was interesting, the soundtrack was incredible and it was just an awesome game to play.

Going to Halo 4, I'll give my opinion first. I thought that aside from the short length of the campaign, it was really awesome. It's about damn time that the Chief finally shows some of his humanity, he's not one of those bland and empty Reach Spartans, and I think people are just overly sensitive of the fact that the Chief has always been this enigmatic character who was always reserved and only spoke when he needed to. Cortana is his best friend, being with him literally 24/7 while they protect each other's lives, and their interactions are called "too dramatic." Please, the entire series has led up to them loving each other.

The Didact's screen time is a good point to bring up, though. But not when you factor in what I think 343i is planning. The Didact was always planned to be an insignificant antagonist, at least in Halo 4. I haven't read the Forerunner book saga by Greg Bear but I intend to sometime and I'm sure somewhere in there, some light will be shed on what the real "ancient evil" is that gets awakened. The Forerunner civilization was a lot more than one evil Didact, keep that in mind.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
The game still sucked.
Yes that's about all I gathered from your previous posts. Let me help you out here.

The Halo 4 campaign did not fit the Halo storyline. Why would you be fighting elites? Why does the covenant still exist? Remember the legendary ending of Halo 3 where Cortana says, "Truth, The Covenant, The Flood, it's finished."

The Halo 4 campaign was totally in line with the rest of the Halo storyline. There's dialogue in-game that actually explains why you're fighting "the Covenant" after the events of Halo 3. John lands on Requiem, a Forerunner world where the Covenant's religious beliefs (practically forced on them by the San'Shyuum) would lead them to go. Of course, after the Sangheili led by the Arbiter allied themselves with the humans and took down the Prophets, those beliefs weren't of much importance anymore. That doesn't apply to all of the Covenant races though. The Covenant you fight in Halo 4 are essentially loyalists, still carrying on with the Prophets' beliefs and still thinking the Forerunners are their gods. Hence, why you fight them the whole way and why they impede on you during the storyline.

All you really had to do was search "Why do you fight the Covenant in Halo 4?" and you would have had your answer, or your missing puzzle piece as to it "not fitting in the Halo storyline." Did you think that every single person of every Covenant race was going to forget about "the Great Journey" that they had been following for years?

As to your opinion, I respect it and won't dispute it. Halo 4 wasn't the best entry in the series (everyone knows ODST is anyway) but I will always firmly believe it was a step up from Reach and I'm glad 343i pulled Halo out of the pit that Reach put it in.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, Halo Reach was a downstep. Yes, ODST was awesome. No, Halo 4 was not a step up. The game types were horrible, such a regicide. You could have the most kills and come in last. The weapons were bad. Look at the scattershot, it's a shotgun that bounces off of walls. The binary rifle is a one shot sniper kill no matter where you hit them. (COD much?) The incineration cannon was a launcher that shot explosives that exploded into more explosives. Also, how did Chief's armor change while he slept in a Cryotube?

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, Halo Reach was a downstep. Yes, ODST was awesome. No, Halo 4 was not a step up. The game types were horrible, such a regicide. You could have the most kills and come in last. The weapons were bad. Look at the scattershot, it's a shotgun that bounces off of walls. The binary rifle is a one shot sniper kill no matter where you hit them. (COD much?) The incineration cannon was a launcher that shot explosives that exploded into more explosives. Also, how did Chief's armor change while he slept in a Cryotube?
Gonna have to jump on this one although i didn't like Halo 4 the weapons weren't bad... the binary rifle is pretty op though if you ask me... but it was a high power rifle.. the incineration cannon was a cluster bomb, that way your enemies can't escape after it hits.. and now my fav weapon the scattershot that **** is amazing and because it bounces i can hit people without turning tight corners.. also kill's isn't what determines your skill (entirely) objective comes first unless of course you're in swat or tdm.. the game types were pretty butt though and they even remove/add some... i mean just leave them there.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
The guns in the multiplayer are what turn you off from Halo 4? Is that it? Binary rifle is nothing like Call of Duty unless they implemented a high power laser rifle in the latest one which I don't believe they did. As I said, not the best game I've ever played but I would never compare it to Call of Duty. Halo gets several more years in production before it gets shipped out and the end result is always something less frustrating than Call of Duty. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but I just think the comparison of the binary rifle to CoD is a stretch.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
If you actually read my post, you would see that I said that the fact that you can get a 1 shot kill without a head shot is a lot like something that came out of CoD...
Pfft, need I remind you of all the hit markers you get on that trash game?!

FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I like how the campaign's explanation for fighting elites is "A lot can happen in four years!"
Really? That's it? That's not even lame, it's just 343i's way of saying "Umm, it doesn't matter! We were too lazy to come up with a reason at the time, so just shoot them!"

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
I like how the campaign's explanation for fighting elites is "A lot can happen in four years!"
Really? That's it? That's not even lame, it's just 343i's way of saying "Umm, it doesn't matter! We were too lazy to come up with a reason at the time, so just shoot them!"
If you ever get to read Karen Travis' Halo: Glasslands you would know that a large group of elites don't trust the humans and don't want to ally with them.. also if you payed attention to the halo 3 campaign dialogues Arbiter is really the only one who wants a truce.. a good example would be when the Shipmaster and Admiral Hood bicker over the glassing of Africa to stop the flood, to which the Shipmaster remarks along the lines, "were it not for the Arbiter I would have glassed your entire planet".. So you tell me if it doesn't tie in..

Also to back it up - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Covenant_Remnant

Last edited:
hsaleem

hsaleem

Reaction score
Sin$
The halo 4 storyline wasn't at all bad. Cortana always had a place inside chief's heart, hence the over-dramatic moments between her and chief. They combined two unlikely concepts together, mortality and technology, something I haven't ever seen before. With that said, 343 industries could have made a smoother running multiplayer if it wasn't rushed (at least I heard the game's development was rushed by microsoft to meet some deadlines or something).

Arcade

Arcade

Video Gamer
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 4 is part of the reclaimer saga. Not the original Halo trilogy. New story.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
She never said the Covenant were extinct. I think Cortana just meant that the war was over because you destroyed the Ark, which created the Halo array, which started the war. Furthermore, the covenant you're fighting in Halo 4 aren't the same from the previous games. I can't tell you what makes them different in terms of their ideologies but what most likely happened is that after Halo 3, without any leadership, the Covenant broke apart into many different groups (one of which you are fighting in Halo 4).

Besides, what would Halo be without elites? (*cough* Halo 3, which sucked *cough* *cough*)

halo 3 was awesome,
halo without elites ??? dude ,, halo 3 had elites, even in multiplayer.

Stroth

Stroth

Jealousy Is Envy
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Its good that they're moving in a new direction, so to speak, but it didn't feel as memorable and replayable as the other campaigns, imo.

Top Bottom
Login
Register