What's new

Game Mods Calling all Halo Reach Modders - Help out NGL

L

lancealx

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Guys,

I'm NGL Alex Co-Owner of the National Gaming League - www.TheNationalGamingLeague.com

We're looking for some help creating a mod for Halo Reach that will add some additional spectator functionality. We think that having this mod will be huge for Competitive Halo Reach, but we are not capable of doing this ourselves, that is why we are recruiting the modding community to give us a hand.

We are working on offering the modder(s) who can do this for us a type of prize or showcase of some kind if this is doable. (still working on those details - more to come)

Short explanation of what we are looking for:
Basically we want a mixture of a wall hack and spectator system. Here are the basic functions we need:
  • Able to spectate from each players pov or 3rd person mode while the game is going on.
  • Able to see all players on the map through any wall (wall hack) example video in a quake live match:
  • I'd prefer that the players are highlighted the color of their team.
  • Additionally I would like to be able to see indicators over all players head along with thier gamer tags so we know who is about to get into a battle.
  • Able to work on system link (All our live tournaments are played on system link)
  • We would love to be able to work on XBL custom matches so we can broadcast Online Tournaments.
  • Other pluses: Being able to see the player's gamertag of whom you are spectating (on the bottom somewhere. We'd also like this to work online so we can spectate and shoutcast online tournaments.

Reason for the mod:

This should be pretty self explanatory but basically we are looking for a way to spice-up the spectator experience through our live stream. We think that allowing the viewers at home to see what is about to happen before the players see it is a huge spectator advantage and will drive interest. Starcraft 2 is currently the #1 esport title and it's viewership is enormous because it has a great spectator system that allows viewers to see what all players are doing on the map. We think that this system (wall hack) will help a lot.

I'm not a modder or programmer but I've done some thinking on this and I believe this is the easiest way to do it. Feel free to make it work anyway you want:

Here is the idea. We want to have a "Spectator" join a 4v4 match (custom games / system link) and this player will be on a different team than all other players (yellow, white anything other than red or blue). This player would need to be able to spawn outside the map or in an inaccessible part of the map so the teams cannot get kills on them. They need to be able to spectate the match by cycling through the players (much like you can during a respawn screen)

This is the basic idea of the mod. If you have ideas or questions just post below, I'll monitor this thread as often as possible but the quickest way to reach me is through tweets: @NGLALEX
Or email: Lalexander @ thenationalgamingleague.com

Prizing:
This is still in the works but here are some things we are considering:
  • Showcase on the NGL website home page.
  • Live interview at the next NGL Live event with me, or other NGL staff.
  • I'm considering talking with se7ensins.com on a showcase or prize.
  • Possible in-person interview at the next NGL Event (If you are interested in that.)
  • Possible cash prize (Maybe - we'll do what we can)

lordcrusnik1986

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
Sin$
My modding knowledge is miniminimal at best, but, although all those things are doable for jtags, as far as i know youd have to own a jtag yourself and your friends would have to join in on xlink kai, i know little about this method except that it cannot be takin online and you would have to have both those requirements for your entire group.

L

lancealx

Reaction score
Sin$
My modding knowledge is miniminimal at best, but, although all those things are doable for jtags, as far as i know youd have to own a jtag yourself and your friends would have to join in on xlink kai, i know little about this method except that it cannot be takin online and you would have to have both those requirements for your entire group.

Thanks for your input. But we primarily host tournaments via local system link so xlink kai or XBC would not be necessary.

Top Bottom
Login
Register