Calling All Coders and Designers! Help me Make a Game!

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello fellow members! My name is Kevin and I am a Junior in college pursuing my Bachelors in Computer Science. Over the past summer I really got into making games. It has allowed me to practice my craft and also beef up my portfolio. However, the time has come. I have practiced my skills on many small projects and it is time for the big canvas. I am in the process of designing a game and would like YOU to join me on this journey. Here is how?

- Are you a CS student as well? Perfect! Contact me! I am sure I can make use of your skills you bring to the table.
- Not a CS student but pretty code savvy and always seek pragmatic approaches to problems? Send me a message!
- Hey you! Yeah You! I see you working with photoshop and you are quite the digital Picaso. How about we team up and bring your creations to life. Any art is appreciated I am no artist myself.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!
It does not matter what your age is. I have worked with artists and programmers as young as 10. Do not underestimate your true value. Even if you feel you are not capable of making my dev team, Send me a message. Let me see what you are working with. All we have is time and all you have is time to grow and I'd be happy to help you with any side projects as well.

Now what about a project again?
Project Duration: 1-2 years
Code Junkies: I am leaning towards using game maker (GML) but I am open to the idea of C++

If you find you want to help and join me on this journey, all of your work will be recognized and credited for you to add to your portfolio. The project is still at the very early stages and I would like members to be on board from start to finish. I will have another student with me, he will be helping me with all UML diagrams, Operation Specifications, Requirement Specs, and depending on the amount of help we have, may develop a PERT diagram to keep the team on track as well as the project.

GOALS:
- To learn and have fun, this should not be stressful it should be a shared dream
- Project will support PC, Android, and IOS
- Green light steam or successful launch of app store
- A new community of friends for future projects

The scope and success of this project relies on all the help we can get. If we receive a lot, we can try for a much bigger game. If not, we can always make the next hit mobile game.

Since I will be asking multiple sources please send all messages to my inbox here on se7ensins.

FINAL NOTE FOR CS COLLEGE STUDENTS
If you are a CS student and you wish to be a Software Engineer, this is a great opportunity to be involved with a well documented project using many professional design techniques.

WildeThing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>"professional design techniques"
>"game maker"
>kek

Seriously though, do you have any non-game-maker programming experience or are you just an over-optimistic student throwing around design methodologies?

NationModdedXBL

Ape Squad <3
Reaction score
How so do you plan on making this game and how will it work, will it be an online game or offline game will it run off a vps if its online? this would be great to write about in my reference for university when I hit it :roflmao: but what os system aswell cause if you are talking windows its not going to be easy if your talking simple os system such as a phone then it should take 6months tops.

Chaz32621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How so do you plan on making this game and how will it work, will it be an online game or offline game will it run off a vps if its online? this would be great to write about in my reference for university when I hit it :roflmao: but what os system aswell cause if you are talking windows its not going to be easy if your talking simple os system such as a phone then it should take 6months tops.
Actually I have to disagree with you I think developing a game for Windows is ten times easier then developing for a phone. the hardest thing I come to find is the difference between IOS and Android even game engines like Unity say multi-development. Even with that said there are lines of code only IOS can run compare to that of Android. If it is a first game stick to the basics PC development is best to "Learn". You need to walk before you leap.

Top Bottom