What's new

Discussion Call of Duty: The Movie?

H

Havox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
https://www.releases.com/p/call-of-duty-working-title/-/us

"Confirmed after the announcement of Activision Blizzard Studios, we'll be seeing a movie based on the hit FPS franchise as 2018 rolls around."

How would this even be possible? Is this going to be short films from 1940's to 2200?

This is actually really old news lol but i think i should shed some light upon it..

Activision Blizzard Heads to Hollywood with New TV/Movie Studio

https://www.releases.com/posts/4176a2ec-34c5-481e-97e2-ef7f67aef679

Last edited:
Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Could be something like "Call of Duty Stories" where as you said, could just be shorts from different eras.
Imho sounds pretty stupid, and I can't see it getting anywhere big.

Dont Do Lean

Dont Do Lean

Minnesota sports franchises are cursed
End of the Year 2018
Reaction score
Sin$
A Call of duty movie would just be 9 year olds camping and dropping their balls on people they kill. Y'know, the norm nowadays for shooters.

H

Havox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Could be something like "Call of Duty Stories" where as you said, could just be shorts from different eras.
Well with other websites i have visited, this movie is being made by 3arc, so i actually think this is going to be a full blown movie of the black ops series. with live animation rendered into the COD black ops world.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think most of us know how movies based on video games are. They best of these I would say is the first Silent Hill film, and it is an okay to fair film at best. (Note, I'm not referring to CGI movies here). If the developers actually work in depth with the movie though, it could be cool.

Simple Seth

Simple Seth

Glitch
Reaction score
Sin$

Waste of money in my opinion, because I agree with you. I highly doubt it will make it anywhere unless you're a super huge Call of Duty "nerd".

Cozz

Cozz

I post accounts from time to time.
Reaction score
Sin$
Waste of money in my opinion, because I agree with you. I highly doubt it will make it anywhere unless you're a super huge Call of Duty "nerd".
I could see potential as a war movie maybe, but if it is mostly based on just CoD titles then I doubt it would go anywhere, I think it would turn out like that movie made by Roman Atwood about the pranking or whatever it was, a huge waste of money.

Simple Seth

Simple Seth

Glitch
Reaction score
Sin$
I could see potential as a war movie maybe, but if it is mostly based on just CoD titles then I doubt it would go anywhere, I think it would turn out like that movie made by Roman Atwood about the pranking or whatever it was, a huge waste of money.

Roman Atwood is my favorite YouTube content maker (and he actually followed me on Twitter) but I agree, the movie was trash and clearly staged. Yes, it was a poorly made film.

Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not really sure how'd they make this into a movie, and if it'd be any good. It would probably play out the campaign of each Black Ops games or something along those lines. As mentioned, it sounds like a waste of money.

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
cant judge a book by its cover i would like to see how it was made etc. like behind the scenes sort of thing

T

taurination

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
ehh cod movie..will it be animated or have actuall people in it? i feel like a lot of little little kids will go crazy over it if its animated but if not it better have clooney in it hes the best nazi hunter to live hahahha

Top Bottom
Login
Register