What's new

Question Call of Duty Moderate NAT

Patrick

Patrick

Tattooed White Trash
Stickied Contest Sponsor Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
So to start I have my own modem and router. I already port forwarded the game and even used the tools on pc to make my IP static ect. I even reset the network access and allowed them on the games. Modern Warfare is open but Cold War is not. It is strange but when I boot MW then CW it is open then. Any ideas on what this could be?

Operating System
  1. Windows
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So to start I have my own modem and router. I already port forwarded the game and even used the tools on pc to make my IP static ect. I even reset the network access and allowed them on the games. Modern Warfare is open but Cold War is not. It is strange but when I boot MW then CW it is open then. Any ideas on what this could be?
I believe for an open nat type you have to be straight from the modem most of the times and even then it isn't always a guarantee. Nat is generally not easily solved (in my experience) to make it open as I have went through many methods to try and open mine to no avail.

Patrick

Patrick

Tattooed White Trash
Stickied Contest Sponsor Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe for an open nat type you have to be straight from the modem most of the times and even then it isn't always a guarantee. Nat is generally not easily solved (in my experience) to make it open as I have went through many methods to try and open mine to no avail.
Yeah I am even wired through the router. Thanks for the reply tho man.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to commend prompt (windows search > "cmd") and type ipconfig /all

Does the IP you are forwarding to appear as your local network IP?

Did you also open those ports in Windows Firewall? I'm assuming the "network access" you are talking about is in regards to the prompt windows gives asking if the game is allowed access. If not, then you'll have to whitelist the game as well in windows firewall.

Do you have any other security software installed?

If the windows firewall doesn't work, I want to see what happens if you disable the firewall and antivirus (and any other security software you have) and then see if the NAT is open. If it opens when you do that, then it's something with the firewall. If it doesn't, then it's something else going on with the router and port forwarding.

Top Bottom
Login
Register