• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kushy Peaz

Kushy Peaz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is Cod dying and losing the throne to newer game titles?

Personally id say it is, but let me know your thoughts below! Also who would you pick for best game franchise over the past year?..

:thumbsup:

Government

Government

Puddle Pirate
Lifetime
Hardened Veteran Contest Sponsor FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
It’s been dying since every COD after ghost, Call of Duty is definitely losing its spot to all the newer games.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The game is still going to have those CoDoholics that are going to buy every single CoD that's going to come out. I personally, think it is dying but you can't really tell when you play the game because of the large amount of people that still do play it.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it losing the luster and reforming the name Call of Duty to be synonymous with memes and going amongst some of the worst releases of games I would say absolutely. Blackout is a cash grab, selling "pre-order exclusives", and throwing microtransactions towards every title going on... With CoD 4 Remastered I loved it at first; a new age graphics turn from an old game. Then to the average Call of Duty title with microtransactions and loot boxes it ruined it for me. Will Call of Duty die anytime soon? I highly doubt that due to it having long time fans at this point hoping that they will release a nostalgic title that brings the love of games like MW2 and the hype behind Black Ops (1) and repeatedly buying in with these hopes in mind. I could only hope that they change their business model and turn the game into what everyone remembers and loves but I don't see that happening.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
that's why I stopped playing cod 4 remastered was great till they added microtransactions like really?
I was hoping and praying that they would just make MW2 backwards compatible and then leave it be. So far so good since Xbox One has it but only time will tell if they will ruin such a masterpiece.

Government

Government

Puddle Pirate
Lifetime
Hardened Veteran Contest Sponsor FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
i hope they just remaster the entire Mw2 game with NO microtransactions let me say that again NO MICROTRANSACTIONS.

We all wish they would do this, but the creators will be hungry for the money and probably end up ruining one of the best Call of Duty’s there is. I wish they would just import it and and leave it at like Tu7 and keep it how it was when it was on last gen.

Kushy Peaz

Kushy Peaz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It’s been dying since every COD after ghost, Call of Duty is definitely losing its spot to all the newer games.
I feel the same way tbh

The game is still going to have those CoDoholics that are going to by every single CoD that's going to come out. I personally, think it is dying but you can't really tell when you play the game because of the large amount of people that still do play it.
Yeah that’s true but I remember specifically when Bo2 launches they had 800,000+ concurrent players where as now it’s no where near that for a new cod launch

that's why I stopped playing cod 4 remastered was great till they added microtransactions like really?
Me too, they just couldn’t resist...

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it losing the luster and reforming the name Call of Duty to be synonymous with memes and going amongst some of the worst releases of games I would say absolutely. Blackout is a cash grab, selling "pre-order exclusives", and throwing microtransactions towards every title going on... With CoD 4 Remastered I loved it at first; a new age graphics turn from an old game. Then to the average Call of Duty title with microtransactions and loot boxes it ruined it for me. Will Call of Duty die anytime soon? I highly doubt that due to it having long time fans at this point hoping that they will release a nostalgic title that brings the love of games like MW2 and the hype behind Black Ops (1) and repeatedly buying in with these hopes in mind. I could only hope that they change their business model and turn the game into what everyone remembers and loves but I don't see that happening.
They already pulled the whole nostalgic trick with Black Ops 4 and I fear they'll do the same by making a MW4. They know Call of Duty has been losing it's hype and has been dying so that's why they did it and will do it again. Hopefully they do it right next time.

Call of Duty will never fully die unless they stop making them.

Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Sing us a song, your the piano man!
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If you think about it. No the franchise is not dead. But the heart and soul that the games use to have is. The days back when the games use to actually hold some value were based on "historical events" in a nut shell at least. Now we jump ahead. Everything is appealing to the new crowd with the futuristic bs.

Swerve

Swerve

❤ Baddest Biatch On 7S ❤
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The CoD franchise really lost its footing after Ghosts. Advanced Warfare was a decent game from the campaign perspective, but it fell short everywhere else. Everything after that has either been unoriginal, or just crap. Hopefully with Modern Warfare they really embrace the boots-on-the-ground style again, because that's what works for the franchise. I'm still hopeful, though this next game is it for me. If it's subpar, then I can conclude that Call of Duty has seen it's run, and it'd be time to retire the series.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I fully agree with this comment.

As much as the new CoD looks good, I have little hope.

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm sorry but since the black ops series it's gone to rubbish. I like the modern experience of call of duty and zombies was over killed that's why I refused to pay out for any call of duty after experiencing black ops 2 but I did buy ghosts because it was new with aliens which I think was great and new... Not only that but it was a nice change from AW and BO3 -_-

Top Bottom
Login
Register