Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Call of Duty: Ghosts Mega Thread
[Will be Updated]
2djrvur.jpg
Call of Duty: Ghosts emerges from the darkness thanks to Target and UK retailer Tesco, with the former advertising a release date of November 5. Meanwhile, a Tesco listing notes a release date of December 30 - early November is the traditional Call of Duty ETA. The box art posted on Tesco which features Infinity Ward's logo.​
We know (as if we didn't before) that Activision has another edition of its shooter series slated for this year. "The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation," company CFO Dennis Durkin said during Activision's February earnings call, "And we expect the new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher."​
2eoe90j.jpg
The listings cover Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms, though the Xbox 360 listing has already been removed. The PlayStation 3 listing remains at time of writing, however.​
The box art features Modern Warfare character Ghost and the Infinity Ward logo, though many recent Call of Duty games have split development duties across multiple studios. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was predominantly developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games.​
200a0b8.jpg
Trailer:

Systems:
The game will also be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Considering the focus on the next generation of consoles, it isn't a stretch to connect the title's November 5th release date to the new Xbox's launch day. There's no confirmation of that, and during the last console transition games that launched on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 came out after they were first released for older consoles. Still, a November release for Activision's top-tier game franchise is no surprise, and it's a natural time for a new console launch.
IW Making Ghosts Primarily for New Gen Consoles:

6408-610x360.jpg
“I can’t talk specific differences, but I will say from a general standpoint, we’re going to be making the game for next-gen and bringing it down for the current generation.”
“The current generation [version] will look better than any current generation version we've done to date. There are things that we’re doing on next gen that will port down, or at least work on current generation that weren't done before,”
“…the priority right now is delivering the best next gen game we've ever done. I think you’ll see that, from our perspective, we’re going to deliver the most stunning Call of Duty game.”
“The experiences you’re going to have from a visual standpoint, a gameplay standpoint, are all going to come over to the current gen, but they’re just going to be that much more better next gen.”
Game Description:
SDNEtrS.jpg
Upgraded Game Engine:
Activision said, “When we’re talking about a new engine we’re talking about upgrading significant systems within in that engine,” Volker explained. “We’re not talking about throwing it all away and saying we’re starting from the ground up. It comes out of a certain particular feature that we want to create that we haven’t been able to in the past. So looking at our current situation, focusing more on the next generation of hardware, we are now going to have the bandwidth to build many more things and our engine just can’t handle as much as we’d like to throw at it right now. And that necessitated the need to go onto a new engine."
Ghosts integrated with Kinect Voice Commands:

ku-xlarge-copy-610x400.jpg
Activision said, "I made a passing comment that you’re going to see voice integration, voice commands via Kinect, which is something that we haven’t done in the past with Call of Duty. We think the improvements to Kinect really excite us because of the level of responsiveness and detail. I thought that the demo they did with the voice commands on television, the instant changing between games and music, was really compelling. You’ll see more of this coming from us as we get closer to the launch"
Analyzing Box Art & Rumors
Skull Balaclava (mask): Any Modern Warfare 2 fan should instantly recognize the man is pulling down (or up) a skull balaclava which is signature of MW2′s iconic character “Ghost”.
Title: The title is plural as in multiple “Ghost”. We can assume 2 scenarios, this is a sequel to MW3 in which someone or some new team dawns the famous Ghost mask in honor of their fallen brother, OR it’s a prequel of some kind which might be a back story for the original Ghost and possibly his “squad of Ghosts”. Although, as @_N7_ pointed out, Simon “Ghost” Riley’s backstory was already covered in the MW2 Comic Books.
Setting: This one is up in the air. The leak that began with Drift0r suggest Ghosts will be set in the future with modern weapons. The box art doesn't include weapons, only a common used type of military glove so it’s impossible to tell. It’s very possible it’s set in the future just like MW3 was, most people forget that the MW3′s story takes place in 2017.
Developer: The most common question asked was “I thought Neversoft was developing the next Call of Duty?”. This was an old rumor and people assumed they were because of how the Call of Duty logo is featured on the Neversoft web site. Again, we can assume 2 possible scenarios, either they are but this game isn't it, or they’re only assisting in a supporting role like Ravensoft did for MW3. It should also be noted that the Infinity Ward logo on the box is their brand new and redesigned logo…
Spanish Retailer Lists "Call of Duty: Ghosts"
vGDXhl3.png
CallOfDuty.com Teaser Site Revealed:
zYhvBkE.png
The official Call of Duty website has just been updated with their new viral marketing campaign for the rumored “Call of Duty Ghosts”.
The new viral site initially pointed to a mosaic that users would have to uncover by logging in, however experts were able to uncover the hidden image above through the mosaic’s source code. The file name is “feather_mask.png“. Join the Mosaic HERE.
Best Buy Ad Reconfirms November 5th Release for Call of Duty Ghosts:
bdxQSMa.jpg
Exclusive GameStop Preorder Posters for “Ghosts” start May 1st:
Preview of Posters
MfDxwsA.jpg
AuEBebp.jpg
Pre-Order Available on Steam:
DLXfapF.jpg
There is acountdown timer on Steam, which means you can now pre-purchase Call of Duty Ghosts on PC! One advantage PC users will have over console users is the ability to download the game just prior to release so that the game is ready to play at 12:01am local time.
Other Leaked Photos:
FZiGvhn.jpg
1pcf8z.jpg
zuuTKSE.jpg
PykBcjK.jpg
MORE COMING SOON...

Last edited:
Frosty Teh Snowman

Frosty Teh Snowman

Hated by many, loved by none.
Mr. Nice Guy Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't wait I hate 3arc!

FlyhYT

FlyhYT

Nordan Shat
Reaction score
Sin$
This seems cool. I wonder if we will play as ghost and maybe go through the same war but from his perspective since its been rumored that he "never died." I just hope this isn't another call of duty down the toilet, like MW3.

Yehovah

IcLuTcHZombies

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ign is saying it will be out on the next gen consoles.

CallMeCappy

CallMeCappy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be ghost from MW2 and 3 but not from CoD:4. People say that he was Gaz but alive. True, it's played by the same person, but can't be Gaz got shot at the end of CoD:4 (spoiler for those who haven't played it)

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This looks so fake. Album art is usually one of the last things that are done in development.

Bhursty

Bhursty

Getting There
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
This looks so fake. Album art is usually one of the last things that are done in development.
This.

I'm pretty skeptical about the whole situation with Tesco. Until IW or another person/company directly affiliated with the next CoD confirms this, I'm calling this fake.

D

Defeat

Baka
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This.

I'm pretty skeptical about the whole situation with Tesco. Until IW or another person/company directly affiliated with the next CoD confirms this, I'm calling this fake.
My exact thoughts.

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Wolf's Sin of Pride / Lolicon
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
This seems cool. I wonder if we will play as ghost and maybe go through the same war but from his perspective since its been rumored that he "never died." I just hope this isn't another call of duty down the toilet, like MW3.
GHOST IS DEAD -___- why the f*** cant people accept it?

MrHoezey

MrHoezey

☆ℳinecraft мøḓẕ☆
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
A Call of Duty based on him? I mean, I thought he was the best character from infinity ward's franchise but to make a whole game about him would be a bit like Infinity Ward has no good ideas for future development. I guess the Campaign would be about Ghost's objectives and like a prequel I suppose. But, I don't know how good it would turn out for Multiplayer or such.

Frosty Teh Snowman

Frosty Teh Snowman

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think it has every thing to do with ghost becwuee if you didn't notice it says ghostS and last time I remember there was only one ghost...

Full Moon

Full Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I couldn't help but notice... On the last picture with the purchase of games 49.99 or higher, it says Call of Duty: Ghosts. But with the Xbox 360 and PS3 under.

Frosty Teh Snowman

Frosty Teh Snowman

Reaction score
Sin$
Ghosts could also mean the campaign is about top secret spec ops team therefore ghosts.

Search All Day

Search All Day

Enthusiast
Greeter Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I will update it when activision releases more info. But for now, real or fake, this is the intel.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
But, I don't know how good it would turn out for Multiplayer or such.
The multiplayer is suppose to be much more interactable. Like blowing holes in walls in BF3. And instead of a lobby waiting screen, you'd be able to jump out of a heli and stuff.

MrHoezey

MrHoezey

☆ℳinecraft мøḓẕ☆
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The multiplayer is suppose to be much more interactable. Like blowing holes in walls in BF3. And instead of a lobby waiting screen, you'd be able to jump out of a heli and stuff.
I hope so. I would definitely like to see interactive environment in CoD. Would be fun for bombing strikes and such killstreaks and AT Rockets.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope so. I would definitely like to see interactive environment in CoD. Would be fun for bombing strikes and such killstreaks and AT Rockets.
Agreed. But, rumors are rumors. We'll have to wait and see :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register