What's new

News Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Update Teasing Next Game?

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Cod3.jpg

Many gamers that are familiar with Call of Duty know that they have a history of updating older games with Easter Eggs that tease information about their upcoming release. One popular example of this was when Treyarch sent out a small update to two Black Ops 2 maps updating some posters within to include a Snapchat friend codes; as seen HERE. When added, the account's Snapchat story contained 10 second clips on it's story that contained characters voices and small clips of maps. It was later confirmed that it was teasers of their next game.

Something similar may begin to happen in Black Ops 3 in the next few weeks. In line with last years updates, a couple months before the full reveal of the game, Treyarch has released a new map and game mode for their 2 year old game. The map released is a remake of their already in-game map "Redwood" in which they added snow and aptly named it "Redwood Snow". The other part of the update was the release of a new game mode. Treyarch decided to bring back an old fan favourite, first seen in Modern Warfare 3, known as Infected. The goal is for the single infected user to kill and infect the enemy team, winning if every player becomes infected, or losing if one or more Non-Infected live.

The fact that the update to both Black Ops 2 and Black Ops 3 landed on March 5th of their respective years, both months before the next reveal cannot be a coincidence. Being only days old, there isn't a lot of people out there looking for hints or speculating yet. There have been a couple differences spotted, the biggest difference being a red truck who's licence plate has been changed from "2SAM428" on both sides to "0123456" on the front and the rear to "2QRI496." Very little speculation has been made on what these mean yet. In the coming weeks, it should gain some traction.

I will keep this updated with new hints/Easter Eggs found as well as some links to discussions. What do you think about all this? Are you excited for (potentially) BO4? Let me know about how you feel or if you find any new information!

Discussions:
BO3 Subreddit
BO4 Subreddit

Sources:
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, it's BO4 & W@W.

On another note: I just got put into a TDM game late. 90-20. Guess which team I got put on?

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
world at war? what???

https://charlieintel.com/2018/03/05/black-ops-4-products-gamestop/

Look at the third image. I am not sure for certain but if I am, then 2019 will be Mw2. And If I am wrong, we still get another remaster

Where are you seeing WaW at?
In the thread he linked, there's something called "ovrsz bx" as a display item. I'd imagine this means oversized box. Considering waw was a treyarch game as well, my best guess would be its a box with every treyarch title included. Whether that's a remaster of waw or a big bundle of backwards compatible games with the new bo4, that I can't say for certain

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
In the thread he linked, there's something called "ovrsz bx" as a display item. I'd imagine this means oversized box. Considering waw was a treyarch game as well, my best guess would be its a box with every treyarch title included. Whether that's a remaster of waw or a big bundle of backwards compatible games with the new bo4, that I can't say for certain
Even if I am wrong (and I hope I am wrong), the remaster should be W@W or Mw2 imo.

Top Bottom
Login
Register