Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I built this PC back in January, but I never thought of posting a thread in here. It was my first PC build, and I think it came out pretty well. I do think I will upgrade the PSU and the monitor at some point in the next few months. It runs everything that I've played on ultra, however, due to the screen only being 1080p@60FPS, it doesn't really do it justice (I purchased the monitor before I had decided to build the PC (ahem, Cosmic Owl Cosmic Owl )). Built it with the hopes of playing games at better quality, and being able to do some more development work, and it's being going great so far. Looking forward to playing Destiny 2 on PC with it come October. :smile:

Specs:
Code:
Intel i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
WD Blue 1TB 6GB/s 7200 RPM HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
2x Corsair AF120 Blue LED Fans
2x Corsair AF140 Blue LED Fans
Dell U2414H 24.0" 1920x1080 Monitor
Intel 7265 IEEE 802.11ac WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 2230/1216 (Used with: M.2(NGFF) Wireless Card to PCI-e 1X Adapter, however, I am hardwired now)
Masterkeys Pro L RGB Keyboard
Redragon M601 CENTROPHORUS-2000 DPI Gaming Mouse (Replaced with a SteelSeries Sensei 310)
NZXT GRID+V2, 12V Digital Fan Controller
NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion

JPI1Dg.jpg

Last edited:
Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
That's the case I want :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

But seriously great looking build :smile: Intel + Nvidia = :love:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That's the case I want :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

But seriously great looking build :smile: Intel + Nvidia = :love:
I love NZXT's stuff. My friend has the Kraken cooler, and it's pretty neat with the RGB ring. The S340 case is hella sexy too. I believe there's a higher "version" of it called the S340 Elite that has a bigger side window, another SSD mount, and a headset holster thing on the other side.

Golly

Golly

Stay Humble
Beginning of An Odyssey Fabled Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice build man! I wish my rig was as pretty as yours though. I definalty need to invest in some case LED's but I wanna overhaul my motherboard, CPU and case and call it a day.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking good there! Don't let Phone see it, though.

To be fair, the monitor I linked you is still a good monitor, but, after switching from 1080p, to ultrawide 1440p, I can't blame you for wanting to upgrade.
Yeah, I used a Surface Pro 3 at the time of building the PC, and switching between a 1440p and 1080p screen was killer. Now I use a MacBook and the PC, and you can only imagine it's pretty annoying sometimes. You're right though, it's still a pretty good monitor for what it is. We have the same ones at my college, but they have the 1440p versions >.>. Made me jelly when I saw them.
Also, learn how to tag me, you silly.
It was phone who did that, I swear.
O damn, that one would've truly made your virtual penis extremely large.
It'll be in 1440p :wink:. But yea, I hope I can get it in a couple of months.
Nice build man! I wish my rig was as pretty as yours though. I definalty need to invest in some case LED's but I wanna overhaul my motherboard, CPU and case and call it a day.
Thanks! I want to get an LED strip to put on the basement ceiling for my case so that I can illuminate the lower portion of the case, but I don't have a lot of connectors and stuff in there (why I ended up buying the USB Expansion piece) due to the motherboard. I also want to swap out my fans for the NZXT AER RGB fans, but then I need to get a HUE+ and ditch the GRIDv2. Not sure if I have the space inside for a HUE+ tho (and they way they sell that stuff is annoying).

I'll post some pictures of the case later today so you guys can see the outside of it too.

Last edited:
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You gotta tuck that 24 pin behind the metal NZXT piece.
I tried to, but it felt like the wire was getting too much pressure on it, so I just left it like that. It looks a bit meh, but it hasn't been affecting temperatures or anything. I idle around 23-25C, and I go to around 45-48C when gaming (CPU). The GPU is usually always at 60C when gaming, and 30C when not gaming.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You'll be okay by the way. Used to have the same case but you do you :wink:
I plan to go back in there some day and work on my cable management. The cables for my PSU were excessively long and refused to bend very easily, so I ended up leaving some of them a lot more loose than the others. I'll probably give it another go when I do that.

Golly

Golly

Stay Humble
Beginning of An Odyssey Fabled Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I plan to go back in there some day and work on my cable management. The cables for my PSU were excessively long and refused to bend very easily, so I ended up leaving some of them a lot more loose than the others. I'll probably give it another go when I do that.
You could spend $50-$60 for some cable mod cables and make it look even prettier and safer! :smile:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You could spend $50-$60 for some cable mod cables and make it look even prettier and safer! :smile:
I've seen those, actually. The sleeved cables; might get some for my GPU power cable, cause the one I'm using right now from the PSU is shaped kinda weird, and it touches the window of my case.

Top Bottom
Login
Register