Status
Not open for further replies.
Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got a new computer. I was wondering if there was a way to be able to check ip's from my xbox using cain and able. My xbox is wireless though. So here is how my area is set up...

Computer-ethernet--router
xbox-usb wireless-router

I have searched ALL over the internet, and I have found nothing. If you can help me, I will give thanks. If I can't, then I will have to go and buy another ethernet cable.

GAMER 4 L1F3

GAMER 4 L1F3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you asking to check IPs like on the screen of your xbox. If thats the case it a no.

1qaz2wsx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to get a wireless card to scan for it. But you can plug you xbox network cable to you pc which is faster. Then you bridge the connections.

I Doughboy

I Doughboy

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a modded xbox you can go into your dashboard and check the IP.

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
No, my I am on a 360. My 360 is wireless connected to my router. My comp is ethernet to my router. I want to check ip of people in party on comp. Any way to do it, or do I have to go buy a new ethernet cable?

I Doughboy

I Doughboy

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
On my router i can go into the router settings and look at the devices connected to the router. You can also look at the IPs of the devices connected to the router. :thumbup:

B

Bac0n

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If all the devices are on the same network you should be able to intercept the packets. YOu have Cain set up wrong.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you could use Ettercap (http://ettercap.sourceforge.net/). What it does is send the packets to your computer instead of where it was meant to go, your xbox. It works amazing wirelessly as well as with an ethernet cord. The best part is it's free. This program will solve your problem.

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
B-rad said:
Or you could use Ettercap (ettercap). What it does is send the packets to your computer instead of where it was meant to go, your xbox. It works amazing wirelessly as well as with an ethernet cord. The best part is it's free. This program will solve your problem.

Now how do I install it???

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
Click on the website and go to download. Then follow the instructions to properly install.

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
B-rad said:
Click on the website and go to download. Then follow the instructions to properly install.

I did, but I don't understand on how to install.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got this labtop man and I sold my old computer so I don't have the file on it but it shouldn't be too hard to get running. I can guarentee you the program will work, you just need to follow the instructions. If it's not worth it then this isn't the program for you. But I think it is.

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
B-rad said:
I just got this labtop man and I sold my old computer so I don't have the file on it but it shouldn't be too hard to get running. I can guarentee you the program will work, you just need to follow the instructions. If it's not worth it then this isn't the program for you. But I think it is.

It isn't worth it.

1.Too many files to search through. Roughly about 175-200.
2.You have to download and install 2 other programs for that one to work.
3.The instructions on all 3 sites aren't that easy.
4.I can just go buy another ethernet cable for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register