What's new

Discussion C4E's iXtreme Burner Max Discussion Thread- New dual layer dvd drive firmware to increase capacity o

• Thread starter bloody warfare2
  • Start date
  • Views 4,239
B

bloody warfare2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C4E's iXtreme Burner Max in association with Team Jungle and Team Xecuter

>> From team-xecuter.com:
As you may or may not be aware, the new XGD3 format has a larger capacity than a standard DVD+R DL disc so it has become virtually impossible to make a 100% backup of the disc.

They said it was impossible. They said that CFW was finished. They were wrong.

C4E presents yet another world first to the Xbox scene, the iXtreme DVD Burner FW which now increases the capacity of a standard dual layer DVD+R DL to a FULL 8.7GB !

Features:
* 100% Customized burner firmware – never been done before !
* Full 8.7GB 100% Backups on standard Dual Layer DVD+R DL
* Flashable via Jungle Flasher (Upcoming Version)
* No IMGBurn Errors
* No CIV errors
* Passes all current checks

Requirements:
* Verbatim Dual Layer DVD+R DL Compatible only at this time
* ********** SATA DVD Burner

Note: The model of the DVD Burner will be announced shortly. There are several different versions of this model and we want to make sure that each one can be patched before we tell you to go out and buy.

We are so far supporting 4 different versions of this drive, we want to make sure we can cover as many as possible.

There are LOTS of this particular drive available and the RRP is less than $25 USD. On the bright side At least everyone will be forced to upgrade to a decent burner now :wink:

Testing is fully underway. The current LT+ 2.0 requires no update (except Samsung which will require a small change). As an example we bought the troublesome Forza4 (doesn’t work with previous burning method – failed various checks), ripped to a backup using 0800 v3 and burned using the new iXtreme Burner Max and have been playing with it on XBL for several hours with the same LT+ 2.0 that was released last week.

Coming very soon to a burner near you :smile:

Cheers for C4eva and Team Xecuter!!! They are going to release a new firmware for your PC dual layer dvd drive that will make your dual layer disc capacity to the max at 8.7 gigabytes!! Currently the Firmware in progress only support Verbatim dvd+dl discs but that's what I use all the time so no problem for me! First it was unsafe to play online even though there was Lt max. But now we can all play confidently knowing that the iso was completely and safely burned to a spacy disc. It will support several drives but you can buy one for 25 bucks from Newegg or something that probably will be supported.I got 2 drives so chances are one of them have to be supported.Hopefully it will be released soon enough for battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3! Keep your fingers crossed!

Futile

Futile

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
This sucks, I burn my games on my laptop, hope they can find a usb burner that works flawlessly too.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
This sucks, I burn my games on my laptop, hope they can find a usb burner that works flawlessly too.

Just get an adapter to turn it into a USB.

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift

<3
Reaction score
I've always used memorex disks since they were not costly yet effective, for my purposes. Anyone know where I can find some cheap 2.4x verbatims?

Tricked

Tricked

Getting There
Reaction score
i use an imac. :frown: so looks like im gonna have to buy a pc

Mr Crush

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Well my DVD drive is not working any ways so this will be a good thing any ways.

B

bloody warfare2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always used memorex disks since they were not costly yet effective, for my purposes. Anyone know where I can find some cheap 2.4x verbatims?

Newegg, ebay, or amazon make sure its not the ones made in india.get the 50 pack since it cost the less per disk. I got a hecka good deal on newegg and got 50 discs for 50 bucks!cheap!

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score

Only Verbs are supported for now, Memorex may be supported later

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift

<3
Reaction score
Only Verbs are supported for now, Memorex may be supported later
this is a little offtopic... but if i updated my phat console without flashing stock am i flagged? the update on 10/11/11

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
since i see you're answering some of my questions. do you use a blaster CK3? I'm considering it.

Nah, I just flash drives and then put it back in the Xbox.

I

IwearHelmet4Bed

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
I wonder what make of drive it will be? Its cheap to buy anyway under $25 :smile: so thats good.

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Because this DOES make sense.. How the f*** do you explain making something 8.5gb in size, PHYSICALLY limited by the size of the disc, suddenly become 8.7gb in size? It's literally impossible, not virtually.

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift

<3
Reaction score
Because this DOES make sense.. How the f*** do you explain making something 8.5gb in size, PHYSICALLY limited by the size of the disc, suddenly become 8.7gb in size? It's literally impossible, not virtually.
wondering the same thing

boosty06

boosty06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so is this the physical cd burner or just a program?

lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
They said the x360 USB Pro would work. Just get that it's the best tool for flashing, flashing HDDs, ripping your original xbox 360 games, and now writing them.

so is this the physical cd burner or just a program?
If you don't have the correct burner in your PC, then you will have to buy a new DVD burner. Their already out on Xconsoles but aren't for sale yet (just like the TX Coolrunner).

http://www.xconsoles.com/burner-max-compatible-dvd-r-dl-writer.html

Top Bottom