What's new

C/C++ C# XNA Question

S

SiiN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can XNA 4.0 tutorials be used for monogame?
I'm used to XNA but want to do a fully C#Monogame project does anyone know is I can just use the same script/ tutorials I used for XNA 4.0 on Monogame? Thnx <3

G

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Can XNA 4.0 tutorials be used for monogame?
I'm used to XNA but want to do a fully C#Monogame project does anyone know is I can just use the same script/ tutorials I used for XNA 4.0 on Monogame? Thnx <3

Not sure of the question, but I would like to let you know XNA is being shutdown over the next year, in terms of Microsoft support and deployment.

S

SiiN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure of the question, but I would like to let you know XNA is being shutdown over the next year, in terms of Microsoft support and deployment.
I know it's being shut down but an engine/software by the name of monogame has come up and is supposed to run like XNA. I was wondering if my XNA projects would work in monogame or if i would have to completely restart.
monogame link:http://www.monogame.net/

L

Liquid44

Banned
Reaction score
I know it's being shut down but an engine/software by the name of monogame has come up and is supposed to run like XNA. I was wondering if my XNA projects would work in monogame or if i would have to completely restart.
monogame link:http://www.monogame.net/

Just from briefly looking into this, it seems monogame is a re-implementation of the XNA 4.0 framework so theoretically yes all XNA 4.0 projects could easily run in monogame. Obviously there could be slight differences in their implementation/API but you won't know until you try it.

Look at a few monogame tutorials and see if the structure of the code is the same/similar and then port your code. Any errors should be straight forward.

S

SiiN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just from briefly looking into this, it seems monogame is a re-implementation of the XNA 4.0 framework so theoretically yes all XNA 4.0 projects could easily run in monogame. Obviously there could be slight differences in their implementation/API but you won't know until you try it.

Look at a few monogame tutorials and see if the structure of the code is the same/similar and then port your code. Any errors should be straight forward.
Thank you :smile: <3

Top Bottom