What's new

.NET C Sharp - Algorithm Analysis and Profiling

Chris7S

Chris7S

Nerd by definition, programmer by trade
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
When creating any application, that uses algorithms heavily or not at all, speed is always key. No one wants to use bloated software so the responsibility of the programmer is to make things as efficient as possible for the best end-user experience. With this in mind, I was required to do some profiling within Visual Studio on algorithms to see differences in each and determine which would be the best to use in terms of execution time. Since I have already received a grade for this project, I see it as beneficial to post this here to not only hopefully spark conversation among the regular visitors of the Programming and Scripting section but also to teach newer developers the importance of efficient and concise code as well as how to determine if the code they are using meets that standard!

GitHub Project:
[Click here to view this link]

I also had to create an Excel spreadsheet documenting each case of each algorithm with different list sizes and write a research paper on my findings. I will also attach links to those documents as well if you all are interested in reading my conclusion of the research. Happy coding and feedback/constructive criticism is always welcome!

Research Paper
Excel Spreadsheet

Top Bottom
Login
Register