• Start date
  • Views 13,936
F

ForrrestMaster

Tools of Trade
Forrrest Tools Download
Modded xbox
Reading Skills
Ability to press "A" button and the thanks button...

Ok, this tutorial is relatively simple. All you need is to download my custom made tools. Ok, in this toolpack I have only included the basic stuff you need. In here you can Format your F and G drive if you need to and you can launch the tools. You are going to launch the tools. When it loads it will give you 5 options.
  1. Backup Eeprom
  2. Dashboard Management
  3. Settings
  4. Reboot
  5. Shutdown
First you are going to want to backup your eeprom. Its always handy to have it backed up. So select that and back it up. It will be saved to /E/apps/extras/files/eeprom/backup/. Then hit go back to Tools Menu.

Now that you are back in your tools menu you can now FTP to your box and now see everything in the shadow C.

I recommend going to Dashboard Management and selecting back up current dash. Just incase you mess up.

Now if you want to add your M$dash functions then FTP the original M$ dash to the MSDASHBOARD folder in your extras folder. Then hit Add MSdash functions.

Now feel free to mess around with your C drive. Just be careful if you never made a backup.

Post if you have any questions, or bugs since I did code this myself. I am here to help. You may give thanks too if you want.

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
Tools of Trade
Forrrest Tools Download
Modded xbox
Reading Skills
Ability to press "A" button and the thanks button...

Ok, this tutorial is relatively simple. All you need is to download my custom made tools. Ok, in this toolpack I have only included the basic stuff you need. In here you can Format your F and G drive if you need to and you can launch the tools. You are going to launch the tools. When it loads it will give you 5 options.
  1. Backup Eeprom
  2. Dashboard Management
  3. Settings
  4. Reboot
  5. Shutdown
First you are going to want to backup your eeprom. Its always handy to have it backed up. So select that and back it up. It will be saved to /E/apps/extras/files/eeprom/backup/. Then hit go back to Tools Menu.

Now that you are back in your tools menu you can now FTP to your box and now see everything in the shadow C.

I recommend going to Dashboard Management and selecting back up current dash. Just incase you mess up.

Now if you want to add your M functions then FTP the original M$ dash to the MSDASHBOARD folder in your extras folder. Then hit Add MSdash functions.

Now feel free to mess around with your C drive. Just be careful if you never made a backup.

Post if you have any questions, or bugs since I did code this myself. I am here to help. You may give thanks too if you want.

Ok i am a little cofused on what to do now, I downloaded the file so i got that. What do i do now? haha.. Sorry.. Also how do i back up my eeprom? I have read about it and stuff but have never really figured out how or anything. Do i put this folder that i downloaded onto the xbox or no? Thanks in advance

F

ForrrestMaster

westman995 said:
Ok i am a little cofused on what to do now, I downloaded the file so i got that. What do i do now? haha.. Sorry.. Also how do i back up my eeprom? I have read about it and stuff but have never really figured out how or anything. Do i put this folder that i downloaded onto the xbox or no? Thanks in advance

FTP the extras folder to your apps folder and run it. It will allow you to FTP to your xbox and be able to see the C drive and it allows you to backup your eeprom. Its all self explanitory.

There is a thanks button :smile:

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i added the app and backed up my eeprom, i then FTPed it onto my comptuer for backup, i should do that right?

I tried to FTP the whole c drive back onto it and most files went but some it asked to replace and i pressed skip the file or soemthing for like two and it didnt work haha.. There is a message on the tools thing that you made saying i should put the files into the folder in the extras directory. Do i want to use the files i had backed up or find some others? I think i downloaded the MS dash from somewhere and have it on my computer along with the one i backed up.

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
You can overwrite them if you want. Make sure you back up your dash though. What are you trying to do with your C drive?

I am trying to put my MSdash back on to the xbox. I ended up having to redo the softmod cuz i accidently deleted some stuff through unleashx and then it didnt work anymore. so i re did the mod so unleashx works but no MSdash. I had backed up everything through FTP before this happend, doesnt the MSdash have to go on the c drive? I used to be able to push the four buttons: left and right triggers, and black and back buttons and it would switch between the unleashx and msdash. I want it back to that haha

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
Ok. FTP the entire M back and overwrite everything.

Umm i deleted everything off C.. Maybe i wasnt supposed to do that??? I now have my ms dash but i cant switch the the damn unleashx now.. Dont tell me i have to do the mod all over again now do i?

F

ForrrestMaster

You do lol. Did you just want the UnleashX dash and the MsDash from the menu? Why didnt you say so. Run the app and FTP the M$dash to the MSDASHBOARD folder and add it with the app...

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
You do lol. Did you just want the UnleashX dash and the MsDash from the menu? Why didnt you say so. Run the app and FTP the M to the MSDASHBOARD folder and add it with the app...

Damn it.. Haha. Atleast i know my xbox will still work haha.. I dont know what you mean by "from the menu"

When i first did the mod, i turned on the xbox using the power button right, then it would laod the MSdash, if i pressed those four buttons it would load up the Unleashx dash. I want it be like that haha..

Also can i install xbox media center as an app or does that have to be my dash or something? I have that downloaded but could never figure out how to install the thing..

By the way thats a great tool.. Thanks again

Actually now that i have the eeprom, cant i put in a bigger hard drive? I have a 20 gig i would like to put in there. Maybe i can just do that instead of doing the mod over on this drive. Can you help me out with that? haha

F

ForrrestMaster

Yeah, as long as the HDD is lockable. It shoudl work with the xbox. Use my formatting your HDD with NDURE softmod installed tutorial. Make the ISO and put the eeprom.bin into the eeprom folder.

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
Yeah, as long as the HDD is lockable. It shoudl work with the xbox. Use my formatting your HDD with NDURE softmod installed tutorial. Make the ISO and put the eeprom.bin into the eeprom folder.

If it matters its western digital.. I think ive read those are good ones that should work with the xbox? also the one thats in my xbox is a western digital too. Ill try that out and ill prolly be posting on that thread too haha.. Thanks alot man.

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
Just make sure its lockable. If it cant lock then it wont be accepted by the xbox.

Shiit.. I guess i should have looked it up before wasting my time building the damn drive.. The one i have isnt lockable. Ill have to find another drive or use the 160 gig out of my other computer..

W

westman995

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
Haha. You dont HAVE to upgrade. It would be nice but is not necessary.

Haha i know i dont have to but it would be alot nicer to have some more space. I want to store some games on the drive and then some videos and stuff once i get the xbmc going. doing that right now. I got my original xbox hard drive going with the unleashx and msdash like i wanted now. Ill just play around with the original 8 gig drive for now haha.

Ive got it all set up how i want it now. I got the MSdash, unleashx, and XBMC running now. It worked just to FTP that XBMC folder to the apps, i swear i did that last time and it didnt work but it worked this time so its all good haha..

Top Bottom
Login
Register