• Thread starter Alcorius
  • Start date
  • Views 81,206
A

Alcorius

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***Still working as of August 13 2019***

Works for PC only so far, unless someone finds a reliable way on consoles too. Thanks to "Chaoticredux" on reddit for the initial glitch () and "bloodien0se" + "Xronize" who created the two batch files.

Steps:
1. Drive your PV into LSC
2. Sell your car and wait until your character spawns outside.
3. Verify that the money was added to your bank account and force close GTA5 and GTAVLauncher the second you spawn outside. You have to force close the game before the little saving icon appears on the bottom right, which usually takes 3-5 seconds once you spawned outside. When not using the batch file, be sure to have Task Manager running in the background.
4. Restart the game and repeat 1-4.

Obviously you must not have hit the daily limit already in order to sell a car. But this way you will not reach your limit and you can sell any number of cars you want.

Here are two scripts which might be helpful to automate the process of force closing gta5 and restarting it e.g. by assigning a key to that file and executing it by a keystroke:

Steam-Version by "bloodien0se"
Code:
taskkill /F /IM GTAVLauncher.exe
taskkill /F /IM GTA5.exe
timeout /t 2
del "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Rockstar Games\GTA V\in-*"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 271590

Non-Steam Version by "Xronize"
Code:
taskkill /F /IM GTAVLauncher.exe
taskkill /F /IM GTA5.exe
timeout /t 2
del "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Rockstar Games\GTA V\in-*"
start Path-to-GTAV/PlayGTAV.exe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The method also works when disconnecting from the internet right after the character spawns outside of LSC. This also makes restarting the game obsolete.
Easiest way to do this on PC, would be by another batch-file for which you first need to determine the name of the interface. For Windows 8 or 10 this can be done by using this command:

Code:
netsh interface show interface

The actual command for disabling/enabling the adapter by using a batch-file could look like this (replace "network adapter name" with the name the first command gave you, possibly "Ethernet"):

Code:
netsh interface set interface "network adapter name" admin=disable
timeout /t 15
netsh interface set interface "network adapter name" admin=enable

The exact time between those commands might be higher or less in order to work correctly.

In order to use that batch file with hotkeys (i am using a G510s keyboard from logitech), you might need another batch file to execute it with the correct admin priviliges. It needs to be in the same directory when using the code below. e.g. the following bat file is excecuted when pressing my hotkey to launch the actual batch file (i named it "Netsh.bat") with admin priviliges:
Code:
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -windowstyle hidden -nologo -noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -command "start-process -verb 'runas' -filepath Netsh.bat

Alternatively to force closing GTAV, open "Networkconnections" in the background and disable the connection by right-clicking on the network-adapter as soon as you spawn outside of the LSC.

When disconnecting from the internet, you will then need to rejoin GTA Online twice (there will be an error message during the first join)

For any discussion about how to increase the limit or anything else related to it, please visit http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/vehicle-sell-limit.1509828/

Last edited:
F

Feder123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah a clean new thread about that was needed! Thank you buddy! :biggrin:

S

size_m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually this should work without force closing the whole game.
it should also work by disconnecting the internet connection.

i usually play wired with a lan cable instead of wifi/wireless.
so it should work if i just pull out the cable to disconnect after getting out of lsc.

this way i don't need a script or anything to shut down the whole game.
this would also be quicker and therefore more reliable than force quitting.

but i haven't tested it yet.

F

Feder123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually this should work without force closing the whole game.
it should also work by disconnecting the internet connection.

i usually play wired with a lan cable instead of wifi/wireless.
so it should work if i just pull out the cable to disconnect after getting out of lsc.

this way i don't need a script or anything to shut down the whole game.
this would also be quicker and therefore more reliable than force quitting.

but i haven't tested it yet.
Alt+tab double click in the scrip is quicker than stand up and pull off the cable, bro!

K

Knoj_1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when u load back in the money from the sld car shuld be there right? In cash

H

HogeHogetarou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy way!! Thx

S

size_m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alt+tab double click in the scrip is quicker than stand up and pull off the cable, bro!
for me it's more comfortable to pull the cable which is in the notebook right in front of me.
no need for a script and to memorize some key combination.
the other advantage of this mehtod is that i don't have to restart the whole game.
i just go to sp after disconnecting, then i reconnect and go online again, which should be quicker in total.
and i have successfully tested this and it works great for me.

by the way with this method (disconnecting the internet connection) it should also work for the other consoles (ps4 and xbone).

M

Morningstar976

Reaction score
Thanks mate! I can confirm this works 100%. I sold 50 cars last night without issue. I timed it to see how long it would all take. From clicking sell at LSC to being back at LSC with another car to sell (After running the batch file, grabbing another car, driving to LSC) was 2:55! Pretty damn quick I think.

So when u load back in the money from the sld car shuld be there right? In cash

As soon as the car is sold and you are outside LSC you'll see the money added to your account. I just Alt-Tab as soon as I appear outside LSC and run the Batch File. I did make a note of my cash before selling for the 1st 10 cars sold just to check. All good, it's always added to your account!

S

size_m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the disconnecting method which i postede above you is even quicker than that!
you should try that and time it.
this way you don't have to reload the whole game each time.

M

Morningstar976

Reaction score
i think the disconnecting method which i postede above you is even quicker than that!
you should try that and time it.
this way you don't have to reload the whole game each time.

I can't pull the cable as it's too far/annoying for me to do so but I may try having my Network Connections open and just disable my LAN and then re-enable it.

I will post back the results later!

S

size_m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but don't re-enable it too quick, because then it could still save.
if the interruption of the connection is to short the game will compensate for it and still save after that.
after i disconnect i manually switch to sp (while still in the online session) and wait until sp loads in and then re-enable the connection.
then i have to sign in social club again before i go back online.

M

Morningstar976

Reaction score
but don't re-enable it too quick, because then it could still save.
if the interruption of the connection is to short the game will compensate for it and still save after that.
after i disconnect i manually switch to sp (while still in the online session) and wait until sp loads in and then re-enable the connection.
then i have to sign in social club again before i go back online.

Hmm, any idea how long you stay disconnected for? That's what I like about the batch file, as soon as you run it you know you are golden!

I don't like the ambiguity with a disconnect.

A

Alcorius

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added the possible method for disconnecting to the internet in the 1st post. But it needs some testing if the 20 seconds between disabling and enabling in the batch-file are enough or not.
About consoles: Other players have claimed that the money will be not saved when force closing the game before the saving circle. If this is actually true, then disconnecting probably also does not work.

Last edited:
S

size_m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added the possible method for disconnecting to the internet in the 1st post. But it needs some testing if the 20 seconds between disabling and enabling in the batch-file are enough or not.
About consoles: Other players have claimed that the money will be not saved when force closing the game before the saving circle. If this is actually true, then disconnecting probably also does not work.

EDIT: For me it does NOT work, because once i reconnect to the internet in single player, i am unable to start an online session. The game just tells me to sign in to SC even if i am already signed back.
i would guess about 15 seconds should be good.
( i will count the seconds next time.)

if it doesn't work for you, you were probably a little too long disconnected.
i had that happen too, if i didn't reconnect early enough.

this is how i do it:
- after coming out of lsc pulling cable
- after that i am still in the session and quickly switch to sp manually
- while sp is loading i wait some seconds (until a message appears that you have lost connection to the social club/game server)
- when this message appears (or also possible a little before that message) i quickly put the cable back in before story mode has finished loading in.
(maybe you don't even have to wait for this message while loading to sp, you can probably reconnect the cable as soon as it is loading to sp, as soon as the "leaving the session" note appears in the bottom corner. this needs to be tested. but to be safe i will count the seconds on how i do it next time.)

- when you are in story mode you just go to online in the menu and it shows a picture/message with a "checking your connection" option which i click on.
- then it automatically loads into social club which means you are signed in again.
- then start online again without any problem.

doing it like this hasn't failed on me yet.
this sounds kind of long and complicated, but it really isn't.
this is a very simple and quick method.

Last edited:
M

Morningstar976

Reaction score
i would guess about 15 seconds should be good.
( i will count the seconds next time.)

if it doesn't work for you, you were probably a little too long disconnected.
i had that happen too, if i didn't reconnect early enough.

this is how i do it:
- after coming out of lsc pulling cable
- after that i am still in the session and quickly switch to sp manually
- while sp is loading i wait some seconds (until a message appears that you have lost connection to the social club/game server)
- when this message appears (or also possible a little before that message) i quickly put the cable back in before story mode has finished loading in.
(maybe you don't even have to wait for this message while loading to sp, you can probably reconnect the cable as soon as it is loading to sp, as soon as the "leaving the session" note appears in the bottom corner. this needs to be tested. but to be safe i will count the seconds on how i do it next time.)

- when you are in story mode you just go to online in the menu and it shows a picture/message with a "checking your connection" option which i click on.
- then it automatically loads into social club which means you are signed in again.
- then start online again without any problem.

doing it like this hasn't failed on me yet.
this sounds kind of long and complicated, but it really isn't.
this is a very simple and quick method.

Please do come back with some timings for how long to stay disconnect and how long overall it takes from clicking sell at LSC, going through the disconnect process and being back at LSC about to click sell again. I would love to know if it's quicker than using the force close method.

Also, slightly off topic but not too much. Is there a "Quick" way of getting the game to save the fact that you've changed your spawn location? I've tried exiting/entering the garage, changing clothes and accessories with no luck. In the end to make it stick I have to start a mission and kill myself for the game to save. If I don't do this I keep ending up in my empty garage rather than the next full one.

A

Alcorius

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Set your location -> Creator -> back online usually works the best and is the fastest way for me.

M

Morningstar976

Reaction score
Set your location -> Creator -> back online usually works the best and is the fastest way for me.

I'll give this a try and see if it's any quicker as long as I can load back into a closed crew session rather than drop to single player or be forced in a public lobby. A crew mate said that this was an option.

S

size_m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please do come back with some timings for how long to stay disconnect and how long overall it takes from clicking sell at LSC, going through the disconnect process and being back at LSC about to click sell again. I would love to know if it's quicker than using the force close method.

Also, slightly off topic but not too much. Is there a "Quick" way of getting the game to save the fact that you've changed your spawn location? I've tried exiting/entering the garage, changing clothes and accessories with no luck. In the end to make it stick I have to start a mission and kill myself for the game to save. If I don't do this I keep ending up in my empty garage rather than the next full one.
i will do that later today.

the thing is that i don't have gta installed on a ssd hard drive what slows my loading times down.
so it would probably not be useful for comparison with your loading times.

but it is common sense that only loading sp and then online again should be clearly quicker than starting the whole game again.

M

Morningstar976

Reaction score
i will do that later today.

the thing is that i don't have gta installed on a ssd hard drive what slows my loading times down.
so it would probably not be useful for comparison with your loading times.

but it is common sense that only loading sp and then online again should be clearly quicker than starting the whole game again.

Yeah, it should be quicker but if the timings are wrong and the game saves I'll hit the selling limit after a few mistakes. Please do let us know how long you disconnect for.

M

Mr Dazza

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this for the 45 minute wait or for the actual limit? Ex: I've never went over the limit of 20+ for fear of being limitted ie: 10 cars per day, 4 cars per day, etc.
Does ending the process stop that yet still give you the money? So we can sell the cars over and over again, with no fear of being limitted?

Top Bottom