Buying real hits?

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by CaLL mE nEoN, Nov 23, 2008 with 12 replies and 298 views.

1. CaLL mE nEoN

CaLL mE nEoN Contributor

Ratings:
    I found a couple of sites where you can buy a set number of "real" (who knows if they are real) people to view your site for a set price. Here is an example:
    Code:
    [Click here to view the link]
    I don't know if it is real or not, but 1,000 hits for $12 sounds pretty good to me if they are REAL people. Anyone have any feedback or experience with this? If it is legit I will consider buying some hits.

Thanks for nay input!

[​IMG]

2. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure they define a "hit" as anyone who clicks on your ad, just like the service that Google offers. It's not uncommon, and without even clicking the link I can confidently tell you that they're not going to have the best price out of all of the similar services on the internet.

3. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Dude like 90% of these sites are fake. Meaning they send a "ping" to your site so it looks like someone's visiting. I have used only one site in the past that actually sends real people- Traffictaxi.net

I've got experience working with them and I've made a lot of money in the process.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Google offers services like this claims to offer, then, doesn't it? Would it be appropriate to direct him to those? You seem to have some experience using these websites. :smile:

5. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I've never used google to buy traffic. I didn't know they offered that service? But yeah I've used about 5 different websites total and a few ebay auctions and the one I listed above is the only one I've had any success with.

6. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    So could you not get something similar to AdSense and whore money off of that?

7. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It depends on what kind of traffic you need. If you need extremely targeted traffic, and you can afford to spend a little more, go with adsense. But if you need bulk traffic for cheap, go with traffictaxi or the like.

8. OP
    CaLL mE nEoN

CaLL mE nEoN Contributor

Ratings:
    Adsense? I assume you mean Adwords?

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. What did you use it for. I will try to contact you on AIM.

9. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I wouldn't buy traffic myself, but if your going to buy from someone, Google is a good choice.

10. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Yeah I meant adwords.
    I used them to advertise a certain web hosting affiliate that paid me every time someone bought a web package, so I bought popups from traffictaxi in the "web hosting" category. The popups would take the person to the web hosting company VIA my referral link and they would be tracked for up to 30 days. I banked off the fact that since the web host that I was advertising for eventually gets 60% of their customers in that market anyways, I might as well get them while they are "comparrison shopping."

Turned out to be a very easy and effective way of making money.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Hey Pieceman, I have $46.XX in my Paypal acc right now, do you think I'd make that much at least if I did what you did?

I was going to waste it on Fallout 3, but if I can make more I'd be able to buy more games lol!

12. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Yeah, for 45 bucks you can get 10k targeted visitors. You'll at least double your money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I love you Pieceman. :thumbup:

(fully homo)