Buying a laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by ThePope43, Jan 3, 2009 with 11 replies and 203 views.

1. ThePope43

ThePope43 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Alright I'm seriously buying a laptop now, and 4grand is my limit unless there's a legitimate reason as to why I should go over that limit. Anyways I'll just let you guy start off at telling me what to do, but one laptop that has really interested me is the Toshiba Qosmio: [Click here to view the link]

Anyways, I want it to be a gaming laptop so I want the best I can get for my money. I'm always going to be out of the house now and I'm going to still want to play my pc games, so I want something that kicks *** and looks cool.

2. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    Look at sager notebooks, Theyre the best.

3. Sharp Focus

Sharp Focus Getting There

Ratings:
  4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Don't get an alienware, they're overpriced and they're underpowered for what you pay, and considering dell owns alienware, that's just another reason not to get one. I don't see anything wrong with that Toshiba Qosmio, if you can afford it, and you're serious about gaming then go for it. It'll perform very well.

5. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Premium <3 VIP

Ratings:
    dude i saw that laptop at best buy for $959

6. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    ^ That was a joke right? If not, Best Buy and other retail stores like it aren't gonna have anything as powerful as what he's looking for, and if they did the price would be about 2 to 3x more.

7. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Premium <3 VIP

Ratings:
    Im sorry I was reffering to the case that the laptop has, i saw a computer with that case.

8. OP
    ThePope43

Ratings:
    they have the toshiba at Best Buy, but its the 300 not the 305 and its only the base configuration even on that.

9. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Keep in mind that laptop weighs 9 lbs so it's not exactly the most portable.

10. OP
    ThePope43

Ratings:
    lol I've played sports and lifted all my life...I can handle a 10-12 lb. laptop...that's not what matters, what matters is i only get to buy once lol so it has to be right.

Come on, I need some better inputs than this.

*sigh*

11. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    If you can afford it then go for it, it's not gonna disappoint you. High end gaming laptops aren't too common, so really if you want one this powerful you don't have too many choices. I'd go with the Qosmio if you're really serious about gaming.

12. OP
    ThePope43

Ratings:
    Well I'm still getting a laptop, and I have to get it before January 31st cuz that's when most of these deals end. Dell has 12 months no interest, Newegg has 12 months no interest, and Amazon has 24months no interest, but only on select laptops. From what I've seen so far the Qosmio on newegg is the best overall laptop.....anyone have anything to say to help me?