• Thread starter Asian Lag
  • Start date
  • Views 608
Asian Lag

Asian Lag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, just as the title states, should I buy the new i5 6600k or wait for AMD's Zen CPUs.
I currently have a AMD FX 8320 and Radeon R9 290 but the cpu has been a little behind for new games.
Buying a new i5 would mean getting a new motherboard and ram and will cost $600 CAD, but I would have to also upgrade my motherboard if I wait for Zen.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The current CPU you have is pretty solid honestly. Over clock it a bit if you really need an extra kick.

Asian Lag

Asian Lag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The current CPU you have is pretty solid honestly. Over clock it a bit if you really need an extra kick.
The problem is that my motherboard has bad VRM and there are stories of it burning out or failing when overclocking the cpu.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The problem is that my motherboard has bad VRM and there are stories of it burning out or failing when overclocking the cpu.
If you're down to spend the cash then go for the i5 then. Make sure you feel that the change in performance is justified though.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Zen comes in Q4 2016 (got delayed 2q's)

Your CPU is perfectly fine you should be running modern games perfectly fine. If not it could be windows bogging down or using old drivers. Are you on Windows 10? Are you on the latest beta drivers?

Top Bottom
Login
Register