What's new

Discussion Button Mapping to be available for all controllers, not just the Elite Controller

• Thread starter Spooze
  • Start date
  • Views 819
Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$

This is great news and I'm surprised it's taken Microsoft this long to understand how many people want this. Being able to make our own control schemes is such is an amazing and long over due feature.

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
It surprises me that they're actually going to go ahead and release this for all controllers, it's one less reason why I'd even consider purchasing the Elite Controller.

V

V7X3

Worship the Digital Age
Reaction score
Sin$
I presumed this is what the Xbox Accessories app on the NXOE dash was capable of. Good to have an official confirmation though.

kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It surprises me that they're actually going to go ahead and release this for all controllers, it's one less reason why I'd even consider purchasing the Elite Controller.
Its better for them to tell us now, then after the new controller released

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with you, but I still might get the Elite controller for the sake that it's built like a tank and less likely to break.

pvris

pvris

leviathan
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
I already preordered two elite controllers. Might as well wait.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, this will be pretty useful.

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sick. This means that maybe I could remap my scuf paddles to adjust for halo 5 instead of buying a whole new controller.

NO GOD

NO GOD

Only Me
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Would be nice if they made the sticks remappable too just for the ghetto games that don't have the proper variety of thumb stick layouts (I'm looking at you rainbow six)

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Button Mapping is now available in the NXOE. I've yet to test it out, but I hope it's as good as I think.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

This is great news and I'm surprised it's taken Microsoft this long to understand how many people want this. Being able to make our own control schemes is such is an amazing and long over due feature.

I honestly don't see the point of this. Why would you change your button layout on a normal controller?

I'm sure i'm missing something obvious but at least to me this seems like a dumb idea

frostyDdopeman

frostyDdopeman

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone else noticed that there is a controller firmware update?

I was messing around in settings last night and found it. I updated both my wifes controller (who isnt on NXOE) as well as mine. I hadn't noticed any real differences, not that I was honestly expecting any... but maybe that might unlock the remap feature, I forgot to retry the app after doing the update - wanted to get down on some GTA.

No the app does nothing you weren't doing anything wrong.

EDIT - There's a new dashboard version out that enables button configuration on all controllers.

Changelog is here - http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1509/f/5543/t/2053554.aspx

Upon going to that link I see the information about the firmware update, so that addresses that.

However, I tried searching for anything regarding the Accessories application but I don't see anything about it?

Top Bottom
Login
Register