Busted drive mechanism in Samsung MS28

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by T Sizzles, Dec 7, 2008 with 3 replies and 357 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    So in my X-Clamped 360, the disk drive stops while opening sometimes. I have to smack it above the drive to get it to open, and its pretty annoying to do.

If I am correct, I can buy a new Samsung drive and just put in the firmware board and it will work fine.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm pretty sure it'll work, but I haven't been reading up on 360s a lot latley and want to make sure it'll work before I spend the money for a new drive.

2. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    It will work fine, just swap the controller boards and you should be good to go.

Be VERY careful with those tiny ribbon cables, they break easy.

3. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    It should, but I think you could just grease up the tray to get it to work...

4. jimlfixit

jimlfixit Enthusiast

Ratings:
    there is a fix for drive trays. saw a video on youtube. basically take off the face plate. eject fully (whenever possible) now unplug your 360 with drive tray open. get a torch and shine it across the open drive tray. you will see two pulleys with a rubber band on it. you can pop the rubber band off and clean the dust off. the tricky part is gently slipping it back on to the pulleys. and thats it. it works like a charm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.