What's new

Solved Burning games questions

D

DemonSlayer2103

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the fourm but I have come here for random things over the years and I had something i need help with so i thought i might aswell make an account

So i have been trying to burn some xbox 360 xgd3 games and I have some questions about it since I cant seem to get a successful burn
I have some memorex dvd+r dl that I purchased on ebay recently and I wanted to burn some xbox 360 games and so I started burning them and I get some interesting results first I burned them with the burnermax payload tool and I used imgburn I used all different kinds of settings I could find all over the internet and I could not get a good burn with the payload tool first I tried to burn mw3 and It shows up and I tried to install in to my harddrive and it gets to 47% then its unable to read the disc so I burned it a few more times with different settings still not getting past 47% so I wanted to try a different game to see if maybe that's the problem so I tried borderlands 2 and it doesn't even play as soon as I hit play it says disc is unreadable so I tried to burn that a few more times and still same result with different settings so I tried something else I burned the game with clone cd and it works and it installs on my hard drive but then it fails to authorize the disc after I play it for a while if I play it from the dvd itself I get this clicking noise from the xbox dvd drive and at random time during play I get the disc is unreadable. So that brings me to my question as I said I used memorex dvd+r dl i have heard that verbatim is the best for this but i want to know if this problem I'm having with the burnermax payload tool is with my drive or with the DVDs I'm using i have tried 2 drive a ihas 120 and a Toshiba ts-l633

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the fourm but I have come here for random things over the years and I had something i need help with so i thought i might aswell make an account

So i have been trying to burn some xbox 360 xgd3 games and I have some questions about it since I cant seem to get a successful burn
I have some memorex dvd+r dl that I purchased on ebay recently and I wanted to burn some xbox 360 games and so I started burning them and I get some interesting results first I burned them with the burnermax payload tool and I used imgburn I used all different kinds of settings I could find all over the internet and I could not get a good burn with the payload tool first I tried to burn mw3 and It shows up and I tried to install in to my harddrive and it gets to 47% then its unable to read the disc so I burned it a few more times with different settings still not getting past 47% so I wanted to try a different game to see if maybe that's the problem so I tried borderlands 2 and it doesn't even play as soon as I hit play it says disc is unreadable so I tried to burn that a few more times and still same result with different settings so I tried something else I burned the game with clone cd and it works and it installs on my hard drive but then it fails to authorize the disc after I play it for a while if I play it from the dvd itself I get this clicking noise from the xbox dvd drive and at random time during play I get the disc is unreadable. So that brings me to my question as I said I used memorex dvd+r dl i have heard that verbatim is the best for this but i want to know if this problem I'm having with the burnermax payload tool is with my drive or with the DVDs I'm using i have tried 2 drive a ihas 120 and a Toshiba ts-l633
You’ll have to flash the DVD drive first off so it will overburn the DVD properly at the layer break with the ixtreme firmware, Verbatim are the best but you’ll have to get the discs made at a certain factory, it has a certain code on the packaging so you know the factory it came from, you’ll have to keep burning so that the “Pi” and “PIE” levels are acceptable and that way you won’t get flagged and risk a ban and checking for said “Pi” & “PIE” levels before even trying to install the disc on your Xbox 360 otherwise if they are too high it definitely will not install. You will have to try to get a few burns in and adjusting the settings before you get good levels (so when you do, burn a few extra copies because even sometimes when you try a different game, you will have to do the whole thing over again because the levels will go wack and you’ll have to do a settings change and do a few burns until you get good levels again). I used to do it, but there’s been a few times I’ve bought a few 50 packs and wasted the whole stack, getting nothing. That’s why I went with an xK3y 360 eventually as it seems a lot more expensive but it pays for itself after my ixtreme run for about a year (I used Vebatiums and also have a iHas 524 flashed mtk with the ixtreme firmware). Also just use Imgburn, it’s the best program for this and other things like burning Dreamcast games.

D

DemonSlayer2103

Reaction score
You’ll have to flash the DVD drive first off so it will overburn the DVD properly at the layer break with the ixtreme firmware, Verbatim are the best but you’ll have to get the discs made at a certain factory, it has a certain code on the packaging so you know the factory it came from, you’ll have to keep burning so that the “Pi” and “PIE” levels are acceptable and that way you won’t get flagged and risk a ban and checking for said “Pi” & “PIE” levels before even trying to install the disc on your Xbox 360 otherwise if they are too high it definitely will not install. You will have to try to get a few burns in and adjusting the settings before you get good levels (so when you do, burn a few extra copies because even sometimes when you try a different game, you will have to do the whole thing over again because the levels will go wack and you’ll have to do a settings change and do a few burns until you get good levels again). I used to do it, but there’s been a few times I’ve bought a few 50 packs and wasted the whole stack, getting nothing. That’s why I went with an xK3y 360 eventually as it seems a lot more expensive but it pays for itself after my ixtreme run for about a year (I used Vebatiums and also have a iHas 524 flashed mtk with the ixtreme firmware). Also just use Imgburn, it’s the best program for this and other things like burning Dreamcast games.
How do check the pi and pie levels and how do I adjust the setting to make it better burn? This is all new information to me and I have been trying to figure this out for a week. Also can I not use the burnermax payload tool? I don't have money to go and buy a new dvd drive at the moment I'm currently unemployed unfortunately.

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score