Those games still end up taking up the 8 plus gigs on a disk . They just fill the space up as a buffer.
Most 8 plus gb games end up being less once you extract them for use on an rgh console for example .
Rgh basically unlocks your xbox so it can run any software (unsigned code). It's a hardware mod and requires the use of a glitch chip to accomplish this
Then u can run stuff like emulators , mods for games , and ofcoarse play copies of games downloaded from the internet directly from your hard drive. (After formatting them correctly ofcoarse)
The down side is you will need to use a stealth server to access xbox live from them on which costs $.
Their are other options like ; flashing your drives firmware . With this you can play burned copies of games. This method is pretty safe as far as playing on xbox live as long as you patch the games correctly. You cannot run emulators or mods with a flashed drive tho for the most part.
Lastly there's a device called an xkey .It's a device that gets installed inside your console and allows you to load copied games from a hard drive rather the using discs .
1) You can use That xbox slim for RGH. Almost all are hackable besides the latest 360 boards called winchesters. You can get one anywhere tbh you just need the items to mod it such as a modchip, JR programmer and soldering skills. eh gamestop overcharges for consoles. Nope right now, the 360 dashboards is up to date and you can mod on them.1. I want to purchase a Xbox 360 Slim. Someone offered me one a 250gb one + all accesories and games. He sent me a photo of the serial number and all info. I restored my phone and lost it. However, i do remember it was manufactured sometime in Feb or March of 2012. What Xbox Slims are RGH Hackable? & Where can i get one? would gamestop be a better option? Is their a timeframe in which you can't do it to a slim if its past a certain date? Also i pay for a very fast vpn every month.
2. Do i need to open my console, and solder things to make xKey work (Don't mind) is it expensive? I have a LOT of HDD's and enclosures laying around begging to be used! Could this be done a original xbox 360 the fat one as well? I already purchased Verbatim Discs + a flashable HDD + an expensive adapter.. how much is xKey? if it is less i will regret my purchase.
3. In the most simplest terms: How different are RGH and JTAG, what are the reasons you'd want JTAG over RGH? Hacks, Mods, Homebrew?
1) You can use That xbox slim for RGH. Almost all are hackable besides the latest 360 boards called winchesters. You can get one anywhere tbh you just need the items to mod it such as a modchip, JR programmer and soldering skills. eh gamestop overcharges for consoles. Nope right now, the 360 dashboards is up to date and you can mod on them.
2) Yes you do need to open up your console. Xkey does not require soldering but you do need your DVD Key. IMO it would just be better to RGH your console over XK3Y as you'll have more capabilities. Yeah you can connect HDD's up to your console to use and fill with games. XK3Y can come out to like $80ish i think where as RGH'ing your console the cost is less. Also with a RGH you don't need to use disks as you can store all the games on your Hard Drive.
3) RGH and J-tag do the exact same thing, the only difference is the way the console was modded. RGH uses a glitch chip where as J-Tag was found through a old exploit on PHAT consoles. You need to be on a really old and specific dash in order to do it. Mostly everybody just RGH's their consoles now.