• Views 2,146
Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

destiny1.jpg

Bungie are refining, and tweaking Destiny to improve the online experience for players. John Hopson the User Research and CRM Lead at Bungie has stated that."This week, we’ve restricted a small number of the most toxic players from matchmaking." The online experience for many are being ruined by these players. So Bungie is taking serious actions to stop these players. They're also telling other online players to report if they see anything like this happen online.

report_those_AFKers.jpg

The problem doesn't apply to you if you're a normal online player. The problem will occur if some players have "really gone out of their way to repeatedly cheat their teammates." Bungie are going to take proper action if the players don't behave, and act accordingly.they're going to be banning players as John states here. "If the affected players keep up this behavior after the restrictions lapse, we will apply stronger and (eventually) permanent restrictions on their accounts," and also "We’re watching, and we’re at the ready to take action in many ways to make Destiny better." So if you're just sitting around, and not participating like the rest of the players. Just remember Bungie are watching.

This is one one of the things Bungie will be fixing in the game Destiny. The other issue that will be fixed is making the boss fights easier to complete. For example the one pictured below Valus Ta'Aurc. This boss will become easier to defeat as stated by Bungie production engineer Brenton Woodrow."We reduced Valus Ta'Aurc's health by a third and reduced the Psion Flayers' shields by about 15 percent. We locked these changes after several playtests with the designers and feel that they bring these encounters in line with the rest of the Strikes."
300px-Destiny-ValusTaaurc.jpg

This is going to be good news for players who want to complete raid missions, and defeat these bosses. In the upcoming 1.1.2 version of Destiny, players will find it less nerve racking when the new fixes are implemented.

sources

L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think the strikes or raid should be easier. They are suppose to be a lot more difficult than the story missions. But, I like the banning idea. It will make the game better for hardcore players. :smile:

Hitomi Tanaka

Hitomi Tanaka

❤Boobie-Chan❤
Grizzled Veteran Services Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
It's just Valus' health so he's the only "boss" to be nerfed. Their reasoning behind it is solid. I seem to run that strike solo until the final fight more often than others, with the Will of Crota strike at a close second. People have a tendency to quit to play a faster strike.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
HerpOG, IIRC, you're one of these 'toxic' players, lmao.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope they do something about the majority of the other players just rushing past all of the enemies, leaving them all to me. That is really annoying.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Funny how a small number of banned players will account for any change at all to the entire gaming community.

Although I have to say, there's not much to weakening the bosses either. Doesn't really have much effect on anything.

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
They need to address the quitters once the smoke settles also.

I hope they do something about the majority of the other players just rushing past all of the enemies, leaving them all to me. That is really annoying.
I may be guilty of this. If they don't make me kill them I will not waste time killing them.

dr moke

dr moke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Depending on the situation I'll be doing this. If I have completed all my bounties for the day on the character I'm currently running there is no benefit to me killing enemies (all of my desired armor and weapons are currently maxed so xp is useless).

This is often the case while running ROC playlist; I want to smash out the strikes as quickly as possible for Faction rep

Master

Master

Magnanimous
10th Anniversary Grizzled Veteran Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess banning people was bound to happen sooner or later.

N0VA

N0VA

|PIKA PI!|
Reaction score
Sin$
destiny1.jpg

Bungie are refining, and tweaking Destiny to improve the online experience for players. John Hopson the User Research and CRM Lead at Bungie has stated that."This week, we’ve restricted a small number of the most toxic players from matchmaking." The online experience for many are being ruined by these players. So Bungie is taking serious actions to stop these players. They're also telling other online players to report if they see anything like this happen online.

report_those_AFKers.jpg

The problem doesn't apply to you if you're a normal online player. The problem will occur if some players have "really gone out of their way to repeatedly cheat their teammates." Bungie are going to take proper action if the players don't behave, and act accordingly.they're going to be banning players as John states here. "If the affected players keep up this behavior after the restrictions lapse, we will apply stronger and (eventually) permanent restrictions on their accounts," and also "We’re watching, and we’re at the ready to take action in many ways to make Destiny better." So if you're just sitting around, and not participating like the rest of the players. Just remember Bungie are watching.

This is one one of the things Bungie will be fixing in the game Destiny. The other issue that will be fixed is making the boss fights easier to complete. For example the one pictured below Valus Ta'Aurc. This boss will become easier to defeat as stated by Bungie production engineer Brenton Woodrow."We reduced Valus Ta'Aurc's health by a third and reduced the Psion Flayers' shields by about 15 percent. We locked these changes after several playtests with the designers and feel that they bring these encounters in line with the rest of the Strikes."
300px-Destiny-ValusTaaurc.jpg

This is going to be good news for players who want to complete raid missions, and defeat these bosses. In the upcoming 1.1.2 version of Destiny, players will find it less nerve racking when the new fixes are implemented.

sources
I look forward to these Changes. Thank you for the update. :smile:

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Its soo painful without a burn, even with 3x32's with max'd weapons
I'll second that.

I mean, with or without burn, it's such a time consuming strike to finish. And don't even get me started on Omnigul, they should've nerfed her as well.

Last edited:
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It's just Valus' health so he's the only "boss" to be nerfed. Their reasoning behind it is solid. I seem to run that strike solo until the final fight more often than others, with the Will of Crota strike at a close second. People have a tendency to quit to play a faster strike.
Yeah, nerfing Valus is totally fine with me. It's not that he's overly hard, it's that he takes so much longer to kill than the others.

Q

QuiveringTool

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm surprised no one wants the devil walker to be nerfed.
I concur with Beardyman Beardyman too....omnigul needs a flogging.

cobra248

cobra248

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm surprised no one wants the devil walker to be nerfed.
I concur with Beardyman Beardyman too....omnigul needs a flogging.

considering it takes like 2 minutes to kill it, i dont think it should be nerfed.
i agree valus's health was high compared to other bosses, and the psion things were annoying af.
but thats what made the game fun,
its already way too damn easy.

anyways, the real issue here is im still wondering why in the flying f*ck bungie didnt go with ranked matchmaking.
or atleast make it like h4 and have it so pvp **** can count towards an overall badge or some ****.
ranking is what kept halo 2 and halo 3 alive for 10 years after release.

if there was ranking, id be going for my 50.
but since no ranking, i cbf to even play pvp. no point at all.
and OTHER players would be trying hard a lot more often, rahter than quitting and not playing so much etc.

Zurjj

Zurjj

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
The raids are quite easy in my opinion. Even hard mode is easy if you manage to get a decently communicating fireteam and 2 Gjallarhorns will also help a lot.

Made in Australia
Reaction score
Sin$
Finally a way to punish those afk'ers, everytime i do a Roc strike or something there is always one :| and it annoys me

Top Bottom
Login
Register