Bungie adds all of this land we can't explorer! I explored it all and it was a good DLC chance.

Discussion in 'Halo Reach Forge' started by Director Mason, Aug 29, 2014 with 15 replies and 2,068 views.

1. Director Mason

Director Mason Newbie

Ratings:
    I have truly been to every end of Forge World. I used a out of Forge World map and SvE Mythic Slayer. I then spawned a few campaign Falcons into Forge World (via SvE Mythic Slayer game type) and I went through a teleporter. After that, I spend half of a day exploring ALL of Forge World. About %40 - %60 of the entire dang map is loaded and leaving me thinking "Why would a multi million dollar company leave out all of this unloaded but loaded map goodness?" Really, the outside of Forge World is just a beauty... Everything for the fact that about %80 of all mountains are blurry as a Nintendo Gamecube game, and the trees (some) are 2D in four directions, and some trees are 2D in 2 directions (like paper.) And something else that I should mention... There is a HUGE LAND MASS that is just north-east of the outside map, and I mean this land mass is HUGE! The land is PERFECTLY FLAT and is perfect for forging on! Bungie game us the default forge world, which is good... But not good enough for me. There are big mountains out there that should be climbed and lakes and more islands. (<--- There are islands that can be seen from the canyon's beach. Some are loaded and walkable and some aren't.) On the west of forge world, there is a O shaped lake with the mountains making a U shape around the lake (look up the Omegle logo, that is the shape that I am talking about.) The mountains are not solid, of course, and I don't think the water is, either. I should also mention that I THINK I was one of the first people (in not the first) person to fly up to the skull mountain in gameplay. Sadly, the mountain isn't solid. I also found a mountain bigger than the skull mountain and that mountain is HUGE! Again, it is not loaded. I also noticed that certain parts of the outside world, your player will make a grunting noise as in he or she or it (referring to Covenant players) fell down from a large height (as if I jumped off a 2 story building.)

Anyways, I will go to conclusion. Bungie should have added the entire -BLAM!-ing map is it is all solid and gameplay ready (certain parts. Just render the mountains and the trees and we're good to go!) I know that it will crash the Xbox 360 System, and I also know that it will take up more room than Halo: Reach should have, but in my opinion, it is worth a shot! Why did you not give it a chance, Bungie? Do you know how cool it would have been to fly with friends in a passenger Falcon dropping them off at certain bases and out posts? Do you know how cool it would have been to fly by the beautiful mountains and over the OU shaped water lake thing? You add all this stuff and we can't even explore the entire thing. Why not an expanded forge budget to finish it off? Like I said, it may crash the game, console, and take up maybe more than a TB of room, but yet again, you don't know!

EDIT (More things to be said.): I know that our (favorite multi million dollar) company known as Bungie is no longer working on Halo, but I do know that 343i (343 Industries) is not working on it. I know that they're working on Halo: The Master Chief Collection, but do you think that they may make a remake of Halo: Reach's Forge World and fill in all of the loose ends I mentioned above? Or do you think they make a Halo: Reach Anniversary Edition, just like they did with Halo Combat Evolved? I doubt they would remake Forge World in Halo: Master Chief Collection because Halo: Reach took place before all of these games in this collection, but yet again, who cares? I think 343 Industries should remake Forge World in the Halo: Master Chief Edition and take Forge 2.0 and make it Forge 3.0. I doubt that will happen too because 343 Industries said they would leave the games to their formal self. So that means that we may need to wait for Halo: Reach Anniversary to happen.

I hope I made sense on this and I hope I didn't go off topic too much.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. LSD HAXOR

LSD HAXOR Xalt:o) <3's S7s

Ratings:
    lol Bungie isn't even in charge of the halo series anymore 343 is and the reason's why they are not going to do this is that land your talking about was just a fill in of space so the map it's self wouldn't look terrible i mean you can explore it if you have an rgh console

3. OP
    Director Mason

Director Mason Newbie

Ratings:
    I do not have a modified Xbox 360 console. I did this completely unmodded. Except for the game type, which is not mine.

4. Linglin

Linglin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They simply wanted the outside of the map to look nice from the playable space. Perfectly understandable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Director Mason

Director Mason Newbie

Ratings:
    I can give you that one. But why would you load almost all of it and add parts that you can't see, but you can play on?

6. Claws

Claws Skepta <3 Lifetime

Ratings:
    I think it would be pretty cool if we were able to walk on the entirety of the map :tongue:

7. OP
    Director Mason

Director Mason Newbie

Ratings:
    I left my hope for the Xbox ONE.

8. Professional

Professional Staff Staff

Ratings:
    Alex Stevens
    If you want to have a massive map that you can go to the very edge on, have fun falling off the edge and crashing the game...

9. OP
    Director Mason

Director Mason Newbie

Ratings:
    That is not what I mean. Sure, I did explore every single inch that I possibly could without crashing the game, but I only wish that 343 will add this into Halo: The Master Chief Collection as a new, fully loaded map. And no, I have never fell off the edge before nor do I plan on doing it.

10. dbzaf101

dbzaf101 Tickle me ghetto

Ratings:
    Bungie probably planned to make it all playable. But for the limitations they had to cut back heavily on the forge world map so there wouldnt be any frame drops. Use the mythic gametype you used to get out of the map and spawn a large amount of objects. After awhile you will have lag. Theres a reason why bungie put a forge budget in the first place, If anyone could build using more of whats usable by default in forge world the game would lag horribly. Its better to have a condensed map that you have alot of control on then have a large scale map that you will never use all of. Also the game dosent crash when you fall off the edge tried on several maps nothing happens but landing on an invisible floor far below whatever map Ive tried it on

11. T H C

T H C Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you had an RGH, you could make a .map mod being out there and add spawnable stuff. A nice modded team multiplayer map. Sounds nice. I think I'll try it.

12. CabooseSayzWTF

CabooseSayzWTF ☑️☣ End of The Line ☣☑️

Ratings:
    You won't be the first bro, but good luck on the map.

• Like Like x 1
  13. T H C

T H C Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Flying around in this place though.

There will be more to add soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1418201704][/DOUBLEPOST]
    When you try to spawn things normally it pushes you back to normal forge world. I done tried it, but I have managed to spawn warthogs and mongoose's using projectile swaps.

14. dbzaf101

dbzaf101 Tickle me ghetto

Ratings:
    I know, I was replying to the OP under the assumption Alex could only use the mythic gametype. I forgot to quote and be more specific since I commented really late at night :tongue: Dosent Ascension have a coordinate editor for objects? You could just use that to place objects out there. When I used the mythic gametype I noticed the death barrier was removed so I just did the glitch to put teleporters outside the invisible wall, set them to pick up vehicles and drive around out there on my retail. As for spawning them out there using the glitch I could only put them so far before they despawned once I let go of whatever object I was holding.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The404Spartan

The404Spartan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There's a flag that allows you to spawn objects in that bsp. The flag "Prevents Forging" needs to be ticked off in order for it to work.

16. T H C

T H C Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you have a Skype & you could maybe help me a little bit? I would credit you.