built in admin account on xp

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by 1qaz2wsx, Jul 17, 2009 with 2 replies and 184 views.

1. 1qaz2wsx

1qaz2wsx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I need help restoring the built in admin account in xp pro. I can log in fine but it does not have normal functionality like a normal account. History in IE is not saved and control panel will not switch to classic view. I look this issue up on line but I need a more direct answer.

2. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Are you talking about the top-level administrator account? That one doesn't have any customization functionality, in fact it does not act like a normal user account at all. The exact reason I don't know, but I can speculate that this is so that in case there are issues with user accounts, such as a corrupt system, or virus that affects user customization (thus rendering it impossible to use the account). This would mean that the administrator account is unaffected by these things (well, to a point.
    Another reason is that it is the TOP level administrator account. It is not meant to be an everyday-use account, but rather in case **** goes wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    1qaz2wsx

1qaz2wsx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes I am. I know that it is not used as a normal admin account but, I use it to install IE8 or other system programs that don't install properly on the every day admin accounts.