Discussion Building Computer Help

• Thread starter xXxMONEYxXx
  • Start date
  • Views 362
X

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, Im looking to build a computer from scratch mostly for just basic use and possibly a little gaming. I came up with a list of components and i just want to know if these are all going to be compatible with each other, and if i made good choices etc. on which components to use. I don't have alot to spend right now but i'm just trying to build something basic that i would possibly be able to upgrade in the future. Let me know if i made any mistakes or if i left anything out that i would need. (I have a hard drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers i can use for right now so thats not a problem.) Thanks in advance for any help!!

Case: XION Vantage Mid-Tower Case AXP100-001BK - ATX, mATX at TigerDirect.com

Motherboard: ECS GF8200A Motherboard - v1.0, NVIDIA GeForce 8200, Socket AM2+, Audio, Video, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, USB 2.0, eSATA, RAID at TigerDirect.com

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor ADX6000CZBOX - 3.0GHz, 2MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s), Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor with Fan at TigerDirect.com

RAM: Kingston HyperX PC8500 1066MHz 2GB DDR2 Dual Channel Memory Upgrade - 1x2048MB at TigerDirect.com

Power Supply: BFG 450-Watt ATX Black Power Supply at TigerDirect.com

Graphics Card: Galaxy GeForce GT220 Video Card - 1024MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA at TigerDirect.com

CD/DVD Drive: Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, SATA (OEM) at TigerDirect.com

A

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You have not done to bad buddy, it all looks like it will be compatible to me. Although this is a really really budget machine, just so you know. :smile:

X

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks. Yea i know i just need something for now until i have more money saved up. I had on old emachines that just died on me so i need something new for the time being.

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What's your budget? I may be able to squeeze a bit more power into it.

X

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Sin$
Around $400-$450. I just need something that will perform decently for now, until i have more money together. :smile: I'm looking to build it myself rather than to buy an already assembled computer from say best buy, staples, etc. Do you think id be better off with a different motherboard if i was looking to upgrade in the future?? Thanks for the help. :biggrin:

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Just to be clear, you need everything except a hard drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers; right?

Also, just one more thing: When do you intend on actually buying?

xSSx COTTLE

xSSx COTTLE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have Any type of cooling system going in it?

Apart from the BFG Power suply..?

the mother board has 4 Fan connectors

1-Power
1-CPU
2-Optional

You might want to fill in one of the optional ports cause i think you might have a problem with heat... DW just a little somthing... maybe $20 (not to sure, im from Britain )

p.s Have a look at my latest Thread on Windows 7.. in the same catagory as this thread....

any qeustions, pm me in in the middle of Refirbishing a broken laptop

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
x COTTLE x said:
Do you have Any type of cooling system going in it?

Apart from the BFG Power suply..?

the mother board has 4 Fan connectors

1-Power
1-CPU
2-Optional

You might want to fill in one of the optional ports cause i think you might have a problem with heat... DW just a little somthing... maybe $20 (not to sure, im from Britain )

p.s Have a look at my latest Thread on Windows 7.. in the same catagory as this thread....

any qeustions, pm me in in the middle of Refirbishing a broken laptop

I guess the already included case fans are supposed to just run on rainbows then? :huh:

X

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes i need everything except a hard drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers, and im probably going to be buying within the next week or two. So u guys think heat will be an issue? What type of cooling system would you recommend, just give me some ideas. Thanks :biggrin:

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Heat won't be an issue. Also, obviously you will be going on air, you're budget is $400-$450...

When you are ready to buy post here or make a new thread, then I'll put something together. In a week or two components will go off-sale, deactivate, drop in price, rise in price, etc.

Top Bottom
Login
Register