Discussion Building Computer Help

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Hey, Im looking to build a computer from scratch mostly for just basic use and possibly a little gaming. I came up with a list of components and i just want to know if these are all going to be compatible with each other, and if i made good choices etc. on which components to use. I don't have alot to spend right now but i'm just trying to build something basic that i would possibly be able to upgrade in the future. Let me know if i made any mistakes or if i left anything out that i would need. (I have a hard drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers i can use for right now so thats not a problem.) Thanks in advance for any help!!

Case: XION Vantage Mid-Tower Case AXP100-001BK - ATX, mATX at TigerDirect.com

Motherboard: ECS GF8200A Motherboard - v1.0, NVIDIA GeForce 8200, Socket AM2+, Audio, Video, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, USB 2.0, eSATA, RAID at TigerDirect.com

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor ADX6000CZBOX - 3.0GHz, 2MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s), Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor with Fan at TigerDirect.com

RAM: Kingston HyperX PC8500 1066MHz 2GB DDR2 Dual Channel Memory Upgrade - 1x2048MB at TigerDirect.com

Power Supply: BFG 450-Watt ATX Black Power Supply at TigerDirect.com

Graphics Card: Galaxy GeForce GT220 Video Card - 1024MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA at TigerDirect.com

CD/DVD Drive: Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, SATA (OEM) at TigerDirect.com

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have not done to bad buddy, it all looks like it will be compatible to me. Although this is a really really budget machine, just so you know. :smile:

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Thanks. Yea i know i just need something for now until i have more money saved up. I had on old emachines that just died on me so i need something new for the time being.

Madman340

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
What's your budget? I may be able to squeeze a bit more power into it.

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Around $400-$450. I just need something that will perform decently for now, until i have more money together. :smile: I'm looking to build it myself rather than to buy an already assembled computer from say best buy, staples, etc. Do you think id be better off with a different motherboard if i was looking to upgrade in the future?? Thanks for the help. :biggrin:

Madman340

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you need everything except a hard drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers; right?

Also, just one more thing: When do you intend on actually buying?

xSSx COTTLE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have Any type of cooling system going in it?

Apart from the BFG Power suply..?

the mother board has 4 Fan connectors

1-Power
1-CPU
2-Optional

You might want to fill in one of the optional ports cause i think you might have a problem with heat... DW just a little somthing... maybe $20 (not to sure, im from Britain )

p.s Have a look at my latest Thread on Windows 7.. in the same catagory as this thread....

any qeustions, pm me in in the middle of Refirbishing a broken laptop

Madman340

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
x COTTLE x said:
Do you have Any type of cooling system going in it?

Apart from the BFG Power suply..?

the mother board has 4 Fan connectors

1-Power
1-CPU
2-Optional

You might want to fill in one of the optional ports cause i think you might have a problem with heat... DW just a little somthing... maybe $20 (not to sure, im from Britain )

p.s Have a look at my latest Thread on Windows 7.. in the same catagory as this thread....

any qeustions, pm me in in the middle of Refirbishing a broken laptop
I guess the already included case fans are supposed to just run on rainbows then? :huh:

xXxMONEYxXx

Reaction score
Yes i need everything except a hard drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers, and im probably going to be buying within the next week or two. So u guys think heat will be an issue? What type of cooling system would you recommend, just give me some ideas. Thanks :biggrin:

Madman340

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Heat won't be an issue. Also, obviously you will be going on air, you're budget is $400-$450...

When you are ready to buy post here or make a new thread, then I'll put something together. In a week or two components will go off-sale, deactivate, drop in price, rise in price, etc.

Top Bottom